Have wished if you could go back ?

The Theory

I guess this happens when we get older and think of past often. Sometime I wish if I could go back and change things that I've done (nothing terrible) in past. Perhaps I could do better or I would made decisions that were not really right and effected others life somehow. I never thought that I'm "always right", but perhaps I could do it even better than what I did or how I did it in past. 
I understand there are a few who are alway right in their whole life at any age. 

• Love It 1

Mostly it's about the gorgeous women (mostly) that I lusted after and that out of the blue made a proposition, which I was so astounded by that I went mute. Never cared much about money, did the job I wanted to do and was quite successful on the artistic side. 

40 years younger, start again? Yes please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could have done without the first 3 marriages.  Instead of living like there will be no tomorrow, started investing earlier, though it was fun not being too concerned about the future.

But if I did crap out early, then that would of sucked and missed out on a lot of fun.  So it worked out anyway.

Aside from that, don't think I'd change much at all.  Mainly less salaried jobs, and more self employment, for earlier retirement.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

Mostly it's about the gorgeous women (mostly) that I lusted after and that out of the blue made a proposition, which I was so astounded by that I went mute. Never cared much about money, did the job I wanted to do and was quite successful on the artistic side. 

40 years younger, start again? Yes please.

You sound very satisfied with your life, but if we look in past there are special moments that could be gone wrong just because of our decisions at the time. But we never realized that after long time till today that something "clicks". 

Truly, at old age, I make fewer mistakes than when I was young. Looking back, the mistakes I made during my youth border on lunacy. I am so much wiser now.

I wish to have the wisdom of today back when I was young (at a time when certain life-decicisions were of crucial importance), as oppoosed of today where the remaining decisions are of minor importance.

There is something wrong with this concept. We need wisdom when we are young, having the life in front of us, instead of having accumulated wisdom in old age, serving little practical use anymore.

The gods must hate us as an easy answer. Not necessarily. They may have no TV and streaming sevices, so, their only form of endless amusement is watching the young earthlings fall on their snout over and over again. The only true "knee-slapper" for entertainment purposes for the gods.

So it comes, that I have little inclination to talk about this unfortunate reverse concept with the gods at some point in the future. I much rather keep answering the questions of Pattaya Girls. Like "where do you come from" etc etc. This is where I can apply my accumulated wisdom best. May it last a while longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If I could go back to 1971, I would have bought the 1963 Fender V1 bass guitar offered to me by Eric Haydock which he used on all the Hollie's hits he played on.....£170.

I wish I'd kept the 1972 Torana Bathurst GTR XU1 I bought in 1979 for $4,000.

Yes.

I wish I could go back.

Way back.

Back to before I was born.

I would put an end to it before it began.

Really, it all depends upon one's point of view, and whether or not one believes in an afterlife.

If everything stops at the point of one's death, then it is exactly as if one had never existed.

But now it's too late, once one is here, and the only option is to go forward...

Forward, forward, into that good night...

Aren't there always things in our life, which with hindsight you wouldn't have done?

But the universe has a way of kinda righting itself.

May not be as rich as I thought I would be, through some bad financial decisions, but it all ended up OK

Now have my wife, ex wife, my kids and a decent life in my final chapter.

It's a little like one of those SciFi time travel movies. 

What 'if' I could change some of my past mistakes, who's to say that change in the timeline would have made my 'now' life better or worse

Go back" Of course, but only if I could avoid all the mistakes I made, like trusting/ loving a couple of women enough to be partners with.

I wouldn't be a nurse, but I'd still serve in the military, which was my best ever decision.

Many women in Nana I'd have had fun with that I passed at the time.

I'd never have bothered with any western women- just straight to LOS soon as able.

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Aren't there always things in our life, which with hindsight you wouldn't have done?

But the universe has a way of kinda righting itself.

May not be as rich as I thought I would be, through some bad financial decisions, but it all ended up OK

Now have my wife, ex wife, my kids and a decent life in my final chapter.

It's a little like one of those SciFi time travel movies. 

What 'if' I could change some of my past mistakes, who's to say that change in the timeline would have made my 'now' life better or worse

Changing things like having kids would change the future.

If I went back and didn't have the same western partner, do the same job, would I end up with a worse life?

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Changing things like having kids would change the future.

If I went back and didn't have the same western partner, do the same job, would I end up with a worse life?

Thats the unknown's of life.

For better or worse we make choices.

Whether or not different choices would ultimately make our lives better or worse in the end is the subject of multiverse movies!

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thats the unknown's of life.

For better or worse we make choices.

Whether or not different choices would ultimately make our lives better or worse in the end is the subject of multiverse movies!

What I meant is would I like to end up where I am in preference to an unknown and possibly worse end.

I could avoid a lot of problems and have a better life by following the same path, or I could take a leap into the unknown and possibly regret doing so. My current life isn't so bad that I'd want to take the risk.

Boffing a certain someone that I passed on 30 years ago would be enjoyable, but not life changing.

On 8/22/2023 at 7:58 PM, swissie said:

One can expand on this: "The curse of old age is, that the memories of your youth are still with you".

My youth wasn't all that great, I was always desperate for sex.

Best times of my life were in my 50s in SEA.

My 60s in SEA have been better than my youth as well.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What I meant is would I like to end up where I am in preference to an unknown and possibly worse end.

I could avoid a lot of problems and have a better life by following the same path, or I could take a leap into the unknown and possibly regret doing so. My current life isn't so bad that I'd want to take the risk.

Boffing a certain someone that I passed on 30 years ago would be enjoyable, but not life changing.

You said your life was crap before.

"There was one who thought sex was dirty, but wanted a lot of it. So I'd def go back to her. "

Sex IS important and need for sex is normal. We are like animals, made to multiply.

After getting divorced my longest dating partner was a nymph! She always wanted sex and went long way to make it happen. Any time & any place was OK for her. Didn't want any gifts, money or any favors - just sex. I got spoiled. It was so easy!

It lasted for 6 years. After her others felt often too plain and boring. I miss her...

But I'm over it and 100% happy with passive Thai babies. They have other qualities.