Bangkok Bank ATM Card/Credit Card

Have bangkok bank card.

Used several years, internet, ebay and plane tickets.

Limit in card thb 150.000

Its debitcard so of course need money on account.

Had several issues, mainly airplanetickets. Couple times called helpdesk to get authorization, takes time.

Then 2 montks ago stop.

Need go bank to scan face, passport (again).

Bought klm airtickets thb 80.000 ok.

2 week later try buy klm 40.000 not ok.

Will go bangkok bank ask why sept.

However, bought twice ebay later, and that was ok.

T I T never know what day brings  but i will never close norwegian account :-)

• Like 1

If you have a crad from your home country, keep it and use it when there.  I long ago ditched my BKK card - the phone app works fine for cash withdrawals, I don't need a card for online purchases and Thailand has not (yet) gone cashless - even then , I can easily use QR Code.    No reason to pay for BKK card that I can see.

PH

The reason I asked is my US credit card will expire next month. The last time my card was up for renewal, the bank refused to send me a new one because I live in Thailand. They thought I was a security risk. After a few calls and complaining, they sent me a new card. So, I am exploring alternatives in case they won't send me a new card this time. 

On 8/24/2023 at 9:50 PM, BirdieMan said:

Thank you for your experiences. I appreciate it. I haven't decided yet if I will get one or not. 

Bkb debit card is very hit and miss for buying online as it's not really visa/MasterCard, but part of TPN (Thai payment network)

Ttb debit card works everywhere.

25 minutes ago, BirdieMan said:

The reason I asked is my US credit card will expire next month. The last time my card was up for renewal, the bank refused to send me a new one because I live in Thailand. They thought I was a security risk. After a few calls and complaining, they sent me a new card. So, I am exploring alternatives in case they won't send me a new card this time. 

Consider setting up a US address drop box site or using a trusted family members address.....

Since we RV when there/US I've set up a SD address....Next month we're going to SD & by staying one night I can go to the DMV to get a DL - which will allow me to register my vehicles by presenting my pink slips, SD address, and license.....After that I'm on cruise control for 5 years until DL renewal.....Vehicle registration is under $60 a year with no annual inspections needed....They bill my registration to my address & I pay online....

Also, thinking about picking up some personal protection for when we are stateside..... That's yet to be determined as I'm planning on some boondocking......

Last time out saw one sign - warning against mountain lions, coyotes, & rattlesnakes - California.....It happened to be posted in some tall grass at the edge of the treeline.....That was a paranoid walk back.....

Edited by pgrahmm