Do you use ChatGPT on your computer ?

observer90210

Used it once, yesterday. It's very quick, but the result was a little unsatisfying. It seems better than trawling through the internet. I am a diabetic and often want to see whether a particular food is recommended for diabetics. Trawling the internet very often results in diametrically opposed views. I will try CHAT GPT next time to see if I can get a consensus view.

5 minutes ago, BugJackBaron said:

Not really, but in terms of fair summary of information it is way more balanced than the skewed reactionary SEO answers stock google spits out.

Thanks, I shall go and Google/Bing SEO!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, retarius said:

It seems better than trawling through the internet.

no, trawling the internet is better because I want to see the person behind the information and decide if the person is reasonably trustworthy based on all the content on his site, not just one article.

info from chatgpt comes in a vacuum. you don't know where it's coming from.

and most of it can not be trusted as with complex issues, there are multiple facets and conflicting information. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, save the frogs said:

no, trawling the internet is better because I want to see the person behind the information and decide if the person is reasonably trustworthy based on all the content on his site, not just one article.

info from chatgpt comes in a vacuum. you don't know where it's coming from.

and most of it can not be trusted as with complex issues, there are multiple facets and conflicting information. 

Its very easy to ask ChatGPT for references for any information it presents.  If you doubt a response you can also challenge and it will review its own output.

I use it pretty much every day for research that can be technical or include academic material... its incredibly useful.

But if your enquiry is trivial - plain old Google is better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

just guessing. haven't tried it.

automate Human Resources.

Take a job description.

Then put 100 resumes in ChatGPT and ask it to select the best candidate. 

Yes, I tried it with some basic questions, and it was almost correct.

Fortunately I am past applying for jobs, or employing anyone, so your suggestions do not apply. But I shall try it anyway.

Bass guitarist for a heavy metal band eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...