Is 7/11 considered a legitimate tourist attraction yet?

Mormolin

7-11 does provide entertainment on the odd occasion,  I seen a boxing match at the counter one day with the smaller guy ran behind the counter and the other guy jumped over .... blood splatter from his nose,  and sometimes a dog will be in the shop rolling around on the floor to rid his fleas I guess and get cool.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I made the mistake of going into this 7-11 in Pattaya a few weeks ago and it was full of a tour bus of Chinese. I left and went to a different 7-11.

I have also seen youtubers do videos on this 7-11.

IMG_20211203_155151567_HDR.jpg

That is the largest 7-11 in the world. It does get a lot of attention. Another strange fact, it's the only 7-11 I've every seen here that does not sell cigarettes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Never seen any fruit or vegies in 7-11 all I have seen was sandwiches coffee snacks mama noodles soap and so on.

Pretty much every 7 in Bangkok sells at least bananas, often also other fruit, sometimes vegetables. 

In Bangkok,  they also sell unsweetened green tea (never seen it upcountry). Some also have onigiri and sushi, not only the usual junk food. Also frozen fish.

9 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Pretty much every 7 in Bangkok sells at least bananas, often also other fruit, sometimes vegetables. 

In Bangkok,  they also sell unsweetened green tea (never seen it upcountry). Some also have onigiri and sushi, not only the usual junk food. Also frozen fish.

Well, I do cook myself, so I don't buy much at 7-11 maybe a sandwich on a long trip.

2 hours ago, still kicking said:

What's good about 7/11? to me it is just a store where you can buy junk food.

7/11 is mostly processed foods and ready made foods. Many 7/11 also sells fruits. Some 7/11 also have attached restaurants where they sell limited freshly made foods/soups. Prices are similar to street vendor prices that our beloved Vblogers rave so much about finding a meal for a dollar as if they found a gold deposits. Also Vloggers in Japan rave about 7/11 foods in Japan just like Thailand Vloggers rave about cheap street foods in Thailand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, still kicking said:

Never seen any fruit or vegies in 7-11 all I have seen was sandwiches coffee snacks mama noodles soap and so on.

They sell bananas and nuts both health foods. Yoghurt is a health food.

More heathly than Thai curries.

11 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

7/11 is mostly processed foods and ready made foods. Many 7/11 also sells fruits. Some 7/11 also have attached restaurants where they sell limited freshly made foods/soups. Prices are similar to street vendor prices that our beloved Vblogers rave so much about finding a meal for a dollar as if they found a gold deposits. Also Vloggers in Japan rave about 7/11 foods in Japan just like Thailand Vloggers rave about cheap street foods in Thailand. 

Where I live in OZ in my state we just have about 30 7-11 mostly petrol stations 

• Like 1