Bangkok to Tokyo route to tempt Thai travellers

snoop1130

On 8/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

Air Japan today announced plans to target Thai passengers by offering a direct flight from Bangkok to Tokyo next year.

Note: 

Thai Airways, ANA, JAL and Air Asia all offer direct routes from Bangkok to Tokyo Narita and Haneda.

There are numerous flights to both each day. 

Thai Airways cost is about THB 22,400 per adult (Sat 10 Feb - Fri 16 Feb) 

Air Japan cost: THB 16400 Same Dates - Return with Baggage.

ANA and JAL are usually more expensive than TG.

AirAsia are a minefield of excess charges typical of a budget airline (I avoid them). 

Air-Japan could be a viable option.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Note: 

Thai Airways, ANA, JAL and Air Asia all offer direct routes from Bangkok to Tokyo Narita and Haneda.

There are numerous flights to both each day. 

Thanks much for all the detailed and specific info you've posted re Japan travel. It's very helpful and informative!  ????

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you ever even set foot in Japan ?????

Yes of course. Tokyo doesn't have a great deal of character in my opinion. Kyoto most certainly did but Tokyo not so, although where I stayed (Asakusa) had a nice temple, and a few niceish gardens. Tokyo is too much of a sprawling metropolis where nearly all buildings look very similar and lack any real character. And its not the only city in Japan to fit that bill. 

11 hours ago, Deserted said:

Yes of course. Tokyo doesn't have a great deal of character in my opinion. Kyoto most certainly did but Tokyo not so, although where I stayed (Asakusa) had a nice temple, and a few niceish gardens. Tokyo is too much of a sprawling metropolis where nearly all buildings look very similar and lack any real character. And its not the only city in Japan to fit that bill. 

Each to their own... But if you are suggesting Shinjuku and area's of Harajuku such as Takash!ta a street and the back streets of Omate Santo lack character you are perhaps looking for something Japan only offers in its more historic areas such as (as you mentioned) Senso-ji temple in Asakusa and Meiji Shrine

But.. have you ever been to a batting cage ?

Restaurants under the railway, Yakitori Alley ? 

Any of the Yokocho food alleys and halls such as Toranomon Yokocho? 

How about staying at a Ryokan ?

Hanami in Yoyogi park ?

Borderlabs ? 

Whisky bars of Ginza ?

For the most part, the modern architecture in Japan is quite ugly, but that is not the same as missing character. 

I have handful of friends in Japan (Japanese) and we visit there at least once per year.

We always end up amazed with what more Tokyo has to offer.

As you say, Tokyo is a sprawling metropolis - nevertheless it certainly has its own character, but perhaps not the character you are looking for if you want Kyoto-esque buildings. 

Edited by richard_smith237