Next Generation of Expats

LaosLover

In America, much less taste for Thailand for GenX and below. They prefer Mexico.

In my Thai language class, it's 50% S.Asian, Other Asian, Middle East.

Are we but wooly mammoths before the fall into the tarpit? 

What does the demographic look like living here in 20 years?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

I’m from the US, the USA or the United States, not America. We don’t call it America in the USA. That could be Canada, or even South America.

Start naming things correctly so people talk correctly and it does not sound strange to an American like your talking from a textbook or a history book.

Out of curiosity where are you from in the US? You talk kind of strange.

Your right about the younger generation. SE Asia and Thailand is old school now. I think it always kind of was. For younger expats I thought it was mostly backpackers and gap year’s. People that wanted to do Thailand, maybe Vietnam, get a little grungy, then fly home and finish that Ivy League degree.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 5

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Impossible to forecast 20 years ahead. Tell me how many Communist 5-year plans actually worked as intended.

I don't know about America. Given what is happening in Australia, IMO it's quite possible the influx from there will increase.

I am currently in Australia, and I am heartily sick of the sight of fat bums on women.

Coke and pizza bums

• Haha 1

Just now, JimTripper said:

Its basically over patriotism.

Me, west coast near San Francisco. Liberal.

Me, Biden-big government-deep stater.

How do you describe yourself in Thailand? Do you say from the States? Also, Euro's think of me as American. Euro's and Oz is 95% of what I meet over here.

But you come from a real place. You can just say San Fran, like I say, Greenwich Village. I don't even have to say New York.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I’m from the US, the USA or the United States, not America.

Ignorance is Bliss

The Americans consists of about 35 countries, and it's mind boggling that USA, is called America, and citizens of, Americans.

Like asking a Brit where he/she/it, is from, and getting Europe as an answer. ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Then reality, inflation, and staying here legal will hit, so in 20 years, nothing will change.   

My forecast:  The next generation of expats will be even fatter.  And more American men will become passport bro's.

Saw an article the other day that Korean Air will be weighing passengers for a couple of weeks to rejigger the country's weight and balance tables for airline safety.  The most disturbing paragraph was the last one that said the average American woman weighs 170 lb.  That's truly scary.

The article was on RT and I'm not going to provide a link because I suspect it's frowned on as a source.  Easy to find, though.  And CDC data matches pretty closely...

Edited by impulse
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Nobody calls it “San Fran”.

I’m calling you out. I don’t think your American. Sorry, enjoy Laos buddy!

What if I can get posters in good standing here (like that even exists) to verify my irrepressible American-ness? What then?

Who would willingly pretend to be an American in a place where most of the other white people pretty much view Americans as a joke?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Me, west coast near San Francisco. Liberal.

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Me, Biden-big government-deep stater.

Me ... Philly, PA ... Revolutionist

In the company of those drafting the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution.

Thomas Paine, penning 'The Common Sense'

UP THE REVOLUTION

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1