3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Thanks. Yes, but the date on the statement should be roughly the same as the day you do your extension, or so I have read on here. True or not?

I believe it's only the letter confirming how much money you have in the bank (& your last entry in your bank book) that needs to be on/close to the extension date, Should be OK to get a 6 month statement produced & then get the 2nd 6 month statement a few months later. 

BUT as always, it depends on your IO so I would asked them beforehand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I believe it's only the letter confirming how much money you have in the bank (& your last entry in your bank book) that needs to be on/close to the extension date, Should be OK to get a 6 month statement produced & then get the 2nd 6 month statement a few months later. 

BUT as always, it depends on your IO so I would asked them beforehand. 

Thanks. I shall go to the office to do my next 90 day report instead of online, and take my Wise pdf's and ask if they are acceptable.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That's a good idea, BUT I would only have made 11 transfers since my last extension, which is not acceptable by the IO.

The rule is previous 12 months so I would ask at your 90 day report if you could use statement Dec - Nov.  As you are allowed to apply early that should be accepted.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

The rule is previous 12 months so I would ask at your 90 day report if you could use statement Dec - Nov.  As you are allowed to apply early that should be accepted.

Yes I thought about that, but last December's transfer was 'used' for this current extension. I shall ask my friendly IO next time. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes a very big problem. I made a point of seeing the boss in Korat IO and explained my predicament (she spoke English) and she was perfectly happy to accept the Wise pdf's but ever since then i have been getting the BB statement.

Nice to hear that.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Nice to hear that.

Yes indeed, it goes to show that not all IO are grumpy unhelpful people. I did'nt comply with the rules and she could have made life very uncomfortable and imposed a fine, she chose not to. I have to say after using Korat IO for 14 years i have always received great friendly service.

I've asked my UK main pension provider whether they could make payments into a Wise account in the event that my UK bank account was forcibly closed at some time in the future.

Their reply was "No, it must be a bank account in your name".

I intend to contest this decision so I need to ask:-

Has anybody else had a UK pension provider refuse to make payments to a Wise account? If so, were you able to reverse their decision?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Has anybody else had a UK pension provider refuse to make payments to a Wise account?

Other posters on here have mentioned they are in that position.

17 minutes ago, MartinL said:

If so, were you able to reverse their decision?

Don't know if they even tried.