10 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

My transfer of 65k on Friday  (with Funds for long term stay in Thailand as the reason for transfer) arrived instantly:-

Was it designated as an International Transfer please? At Bangkok Bank it is FTT.

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Just to add my experience to the instant-v-next day discussion:

My wife and I each have Wise accounts.

My UK occupational pension is paid directly into my Wise account.

My UK state pension is paid directly into my wife's Wise account.

Any transfer from my Wise account to our joint BKK bank, regardless of the amount or option chosen, is received the next working day at 2.00pm local time (or a few minutes after). 

Any transfer from my wife's Wise account, regardless of the amount or option chosen, is received almost instantly into the same Joint BKK account.

We have tried many variations of amount and "reason for payment" but all my transfers are received next working day, and all my wife's are received almost instantly.

Some years ago I asked Wise to "tag" my account so that all my transfers would be shown as International (I use the monthly income for my extensions of stay). I can only conclude that this is the reason for the difference.

Check to see if YOUR transfers are shown as FTT International Transfer, and from WIFE's Wise account as 'From another Bank' The 'tagging' seems to have worked for several years in my case.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Check to see if YOUR transfers are shown as FTT International Transfer, and from WIFE's Wise account as 'From another Bank' The 'tagging' seems to have worked for several years in my case.

Tagging works 100% for me too. Mine are always FTT. My wife's account isn't tagged and doesn't need to be, but all her transfers have also been FTT.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Was it designated as an International Transfer please? At Bangkok Bank it is FTT.

That is irrelevant for me dealing with Jomtein Immigration  - they need a special form from Kasikorn Bank in Pattaya Klang certifying receipt of the transfers.

With Kasikorn it shows as 'Trade Finance' on my bank statements and you can drill down to see that the payment came from WISE Payments xxx-x-x8899-x. As I said, Jomtein requires greater certification, despite the fact that I can supply 12 PDFs of the monthly transfers to back up the bank statements.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

That is irrelevant for me dealing with Jomtein Immigration  - they need a special form from Kasikorn Bank in Pattaya Klang certifying receipt of the transfers.

With Kasikorn it shows as 'Trade Finance' on my bank statements and you can drill down to see that the payment came from WISE Payments xxx-x-x8899-x. As I said, Jomtein requires greater certification, despite the fact that I can supply 12 PDFs of the monthly transfers to back up the bank statements.

One of my transfers to Bkk Bank went via Kasikorn earlier this year, because of a bank holiday I missed.

Kasikorn supplied me with a Credit Advice note which showed the dosh had come from Wise, and had been sent to my Bkk Bank. Took a week and Bht 200 to get it, but it's done now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Tagging works 100% for me too. Mine are always FTT. My wife's account isn't tagged and doesn't need to be, but all her transfers have also been FTT.

And the money arrives at 14.02 the next day?

On 9/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, hotandsticky said:

As 'Trade Finance' which is the normal description you get with Kasikorn for overseas payments...... and yes marked as 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand' with WISE.

So are these Trade Finance transfers accepted by Immigration for monthly transfers if you do your Extension that way?

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So are these Trade Finance transfers accepted by Immigration for monthly transfers if you do your Extension that way?

Have you not read my earlier replies.

Jomtien Immigration insist on a specific certification from Kasikorn bank.

I turned up with bank letter, 12 months statements (with 65k x 12 highlighted) and 12 WISE PDFs for each monthly transfer.

No....I needed the Kasikorn bank certificate which I could only get from the Pattaya Klang branch 

Bit of an inconvenience, but I know for next year.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Jomtien Immigration insist on a specific certification from Kasikorn bank.

It would be interesting to know whether it is just you, or does this apply to ALL expats renewing their extension at Jomtien, with all banks or just Kasikorn. Any answers please.

I must be a lucky bugger because P'lok IO let me do mine via Combination Method i.e. Bht 420k in the bank plus Bht 40k per month via Wise, into Bkk Bank as FTT, adds up to 900k. I have a specific 'Immigration' bank account/book, so 40k per month in, and 30k out only needs one bank book page and one sheet of a statement.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know whether it is just you, or does this apply to ALL expats renewing their extension at Jomtien, with all banks or just Kasikorn. Any answers please.

I must be a lucky bugger because P'lok IO let me do mine via Combination Method i.e. Bht 420k in the bank plus Bht 40k per month via Wise, into Bkk Bank as FTT, adds up to 900k. I have a specific 'Immigration' bank account/book, so 40k per month in, and 30k out only needs one bank book page and one sheet of a statement.

Jomtien are known for being user friendly but I would be disappointed if I had been singled out for special treatment!

In fairness the guy at window 8 is pretty efficient and I have never really had a problems - minor issues with rule changes or an extra copy of this or that. He knew exactly what he wanted from Kasikorn and gave me a specimen form to take away.......I don't know if it is different for other banks.

30 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Jomtien are known for being user friendly but I would be disappointed if I had been singled out for special treatment!

In fairness the guy at window 8 is pretty efficient and I have never really had a problems - minor issues with rule changes or an extra copy of this or that. He knew exactly what he wanted from Kasikorn and gave me a specimen form to take away.......I don't know if it is different for other banks.

OK. Seven years since I did it at Jomtien. P'lok is VERY user friendly, for me anyway. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 4:35 AM, 5davidhen1 said:

Firstly, I don't think that checking any particular box for "reasons for the transfer" influences the time factor of the transfer process. What DOES influence the time factor is which method one opts for to action the transfer.

I believe that the debit card method is instantaneous (I used it a couple of years ago) but if one opts for the bank transfer (UK sterling bank to Wise, then onto my BK bank) the money arrives about 1400hrs the next day (26th) at 14:01 as expected.  There is no doubt in my mind that the long term stay option is what makes this happen despite the amount of doubters over the years.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:29 PM, treetops said:

There's too much evidence to the contrary.  I can't comment on debit card payment as I've never used it, but when Wise is funded from my UK bank transfer the money is almost instantly in my BBL account, with monthly expenses selected as the reason.

It'll be a few weeks before I'm sending again but will try the long term stay and see it it still defaults to 2:00pm the next day and shows up as international.

As I mentioned I would do in the quotes, I've just repeated the oft mentioned process which should result in the International Transfer annotation with BBL and it worked as expected.

Instigated transfer with Wise (Monday 25th about 16:00 Thailand time), selected  the long term stay option, paid by bank transfer and it arrived the next day (today, Tuesday 26th) as expected at 14:01.

There's no doubt in my mind that the long term stay selection still results in the International Transfer annotation with BBL despite the deniers on here over the years.

Capture.JPG.caad6cae817a705100fe748ade72566a.JPG

897904312_Capture1.JPG.1be73601fa71105234abbd202dc3770d.JPG

Capture2.JPG.d38973749fd72c7da6a4dc883f82d4f6.JPG

capture3.JPG.3a6f0598bf11282d09475c416030f8e9.JPG

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, hotandsticky said:

Have you not read my earlier replies.

Yes I have. And the answer is NO, Immigration do not accept Wise transfers unless additional paperwork is obtained from Kasikorn.

Transfers to Bkk Bank are shown in the book as FTT, Foreign Telegraphic Transfer, and International Transfers on online or from-the-bank statements. They take an extra day to arrive, or same day if initialised early morning, and no pi55ing about getting extra papers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes I have. And the answer is NO, Immigration do not accept Wise transfers unless additional paperwork is obtained from Kasikorn.

Transfers to Bkk Bank are shown in the book as FTT, Foreign Telegraphic Transfer, and International Transfers on online or from-the-bank statements. They take an extra day to arrive, or same day if initialised early morning, and no pi55ing about getting extra papers.

Kasikorn statements show "trade finance" for incoming WISE transfers. IMO (worth Jack, I know) that should be sufficient for any Immigration officer to identify it as a payment from overseas. As you know, it isn't, and I find that ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Kasikorn statements show "trade finance" for incoming WISE transfers. IMO (worth Jack, I know) that should be sufficient for any Immigration officer to identify it as a payment from overseas. As you know, it isn't, and I find that ridiculous.

Change banks then ! 

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Immigration do not accept Wise transfers unless additional paperwork is obtained from Kasikorn.

Now that is not strictly true, it very much depends on your IO. When first obtaining my retirement extension using the income method my IO in Korat accepted 12 Wise pdf's showing my transfers as i could'nt comply with the requirements regarding bank info.

38 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now that is not strictly true, it very much depends on your IO. When first obtaining my retirement extension using the income method my IO in Korat accepted 12 Wise pdf's showing my transfers as i could'nt comply with the requirements regarding bank info.

That's good to hear. I shall ask at my IO in P'lok if that's the case, as it takes 1 week to get Bkk Bank annual statements. My December transfer will be on 1st Dec, but my Extension is due on 7th. Not much time.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That's good to hear. I shall ask at my IO in P'lok if that's the case, as it takes 1 week to get Bkk Bank annual statements. My December transfer will be on 1st Dec, but my Extension is due on 7th. Not much time.

I believe your local branch can do statements of up to 6 months (I've had no problem getting 3 month statements from them) so could you not order a 6/9 month statement from head office & then get a local statement after your 1st December transfer hits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do you extension in November?  That would give you plenty of time - I always do my July 15 extension late June.  You only need transfers to current month here in Bangkok.

38 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you extension in November?  That would give you plenty of time - I always do my July 15 extension late June.  You only need transfers to current month here in Bangkok.

That's a good idea, BUT I would only have made 11 transfers since my last extension, which is not acceptable by the IO.

48 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I believe your local branch can do statements of up to 6 months (I've had no problem getting 3 month statements from them) so could you not order a 6/9 month statement from head office & then get a local statement after your 1st December transfer hits. 

Thanks. Yes, but the date on the statement should be roughly the same as the day you do your extension, or so I have read on here. True or not?

• Like 1

Yes a very big problem. I made a point of seeing the boss in Korat IO and explained my predicament (she spoke English) and she was perfectly happy to accept the Wise pdf's but ever since then i have been getting the BB statement.