Parliament awaits Pita’s formal rejection of opposition leader post : House speaker

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, bannork said:

Take it Pita, you automatically get a place on many parliamentary committees, and you're going to lose the Deputy Speaker's position because Padipat posed with a beer on social media.

With respect, bannork, I reckon Mr Pita & party have weighed up long-term, substantive values of each option and figured the possible outcome for Padipat that you mention won't actually happen, in which case the dep' speaker's role is worth more to them. 

But I personally don't honestly know much about the benefits inherent in having places on parliamentary committees. (Maybe you do know.) Just assuming that Pita does know, anyway. 

Hoping so, anyway. ????

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pita has said that he does not want to be the opposition leader, because his only political aspiration is to become the prime minister of Thailand.

Good man... plan the next election now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bannork said:

I read the link, thank you. This sounds like small potatoes compared to the BIG watch scandal. They've all got dirty hands. It just depends who can pin what on who.

• Like 2

If MFP rejects the leader of the opposition, and with the dems I turmoil and completly ruderless and clueless, I read yesterday that the leader of the opposition will fall to the Fair Party. Who have a single seat. An opposition of one person essentially. Madness. 

• Haha 2

Just now, jonclark said:

If MFP rejects the leader of the opposition, and with the Dems in turmoil and completly ruderless and clueless, I read yesterday that the leader of the opposition will fall to the Fair Party. Who have a single seat. An opposition of one person essentially. Madness. 

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I read the link, thank you. This sounds like small potatoes compared to the BIG watch scandal. They've all got dirty hands. It just depends who can pin what on who.

Padipat's cases are indeed trivial but opponents of MF will do everything to derail them. The holding a beer in a photo was utter stupidity on Padipat's part. Cases of prosecution of celebrities clutching beers received wide publicity in the recent past.

As for using his allowance to buy barbecue pork for the staff at Parliament, he should have checked the legality of his action first.

If Padipat loses his post, MF will have nothing. Imo better to assume the role of an effective opposition and take up the role.

This is going to be interesting. If Pita is the real deal and is not just another self serving political hack, then he might have made a difference as opposition leader. The PT government with another 13 or so coalition members stand a high chance of being in disarray, which a canny politician, maybe like Pita can take advantage of. But the Dems are a really feeble and spent force and may well prove totally ineffective in opposition. Seeing them take on PT may well end up looking like a Sunday League football game with two weak teams on a muddy field. 

• Like 1

As opposition leader, Pita has the right to ask lead question to ministers on policies, bills and motions. Also he can attend confidential briefings by the Government on select matters. That will be advantageous for Pita to prepare his speeches which will be equivalent to the political office-holders. His performance in Parliament as OL will be watched by Thais and those privileges that he received as OL will enhance his preparation for debates in Parliament. He should take the OL role. 

• Love It 1