Thai tourism faces strain from sluggish Chinese, Japanese economies

webfact

37 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Maybe you are not familiar with historical tourist arrivals between now and mid December but this is LOW SEASON & soon to be WET SEASON. Currently many countries are experiencing economic downturns including China & Japan which will have a spill over effect on Thai visitor numbers! 

I don't know why I didn't just do this in the first place and save myself some time.  From Google:

November through March is Thailand's high season, with relatively dry weather and agreeable temperatures. This is a great time to enjoy the country's cultural and natural splendor.

7 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Obviously you believe what these guys print! Maybe you are a recent arrival in the LOS!

A nationwide computerised system recording every tourist arriving and departing daily through every point of entry in the country vs the opinion of an Asean Now poster.

Tough call.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:15 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

I agree TAT need to start following the Chinese economy and realise it’s not booming like it was pre Covid.

True but seems slightly irrelevant.  Chinese are now "marked" if they go on holidays abroad and many are just not interested in the hassle and potential hassle in the future.  

ITs a whole new world and they are not inclined to travel nearly as much.  

The halcyon days are over.

Edited by Blumpie

On 9/1/2023 at 11:32 PM, kinyara said:

A nationwide computerised system recording every tourist arriving and departing daily through every point of entry in the country vs the opinion of an Asean Now poster.

Tough call.

In Thailand, ha ha ha!!!