Preparations underway for the official opening of Thailand’s largest naga statue in Cha-am

webfact

image.jpeg

Preparations are well underway for the official opening of Thailand’s largest naga, which is located at Wat Tham Cheng in Cha-am.

The opening ceremony for the statue, called Por Pu Phaya Phet Khiri Mahamuni Srisutthonakarat, will take place at on September 9 at 17:09.

The naga statue stands 31 meters high, featuring a 2-meter diameter torso. Notably, the statue also showcases a body length resembling a Yantra — a mystical diagram — with a nine-hole tunnel stretching 227 meters. Adorned with intricate blue patterns, this statue is poised to become a significant attraction in the Cha-am district.

On September 4th, the temple’s abbot, Phra Maha Dr. Wichai Tetchathammo, collaborated with Mrs. Thipwarin Sutasan, president of the Local Wisdom Learning Center of Thai Performing Arts in Hua Hin Municipality, to organize a large-scale rehearsal. The event witnessed the participation of over 300 voluntary traditional Thai dancers from across the nation.

By Online Reporter

Image: Patrick Jacobs

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/preparations-underway-for-the-official-opening-of-thailands-largest-naga-statue-in-cha-am/

Hua Hin Today 2023-09-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Damn, and I was just up that way yesterday.   Almost drove past it on the way to a coffee shop ... but changed my mind.

If only this was posted a couple day ago ... next time ????

"Build it, they will come"

image.png.9f9eb0c0c01e36f7138b572b024d928a.png

Just off hwy #4, and seems like a nice enough spot to sip you coffee and enjoy you pastry.  And a 7-11, less than 2 kms away.

image.png.31786ea98e6ac9e60506030e79b95d16.png

Edited by KhunLA

This place is right next to the new immigration office for Phetchaburi province.

Also just a few hundred meters from where i live.

Around two years ago they finished a very nice bicycle path around the park.

Not many people are using it because of no maintenance and a bunch of dogs that chase people.

The last few weeks there has been a lot of activity around the temple already with many people visiting.

I guess we are in for a lot of noise for awhile.