More Lazada PC / website annoyance - Or is it just me?

Crossy

15 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Latest Chrome no longer remembers my Lazada login info either. My gut feeling is they want us to use the cell app so they no longer have to manage servers for us pc users. That's what SCB did, and I find that to be a nuisance. I DON'T like the SCB app and miss the convenience of the pc interface.

I use Bitwarden to manage passwords, I would never let the browser remember them.

• Like 1

With pc don't log out from web site, when leaving pc put in sleep or power off/restart will close web site.

Better yet as noted by Scubascuba3, get the mobile app that will keep you logged in eveen power off unless you specifically log out of the app in the app itself.

1 hour ago, CecilM said:

I’ve returned lots items to both Thai and Chinese sellers. Click return, upload photo, select pickup date. Done.
100% refund success. 0% disputes or rejections. 

Before , it was like this ...

Now :

Customer Service
03 Aug 2023 11:57

Comments:Dispute team has requested to provide evidence by customer.: According to the customer wants to return the item for the reason that " Expired items " and you have mentioned that the product hasn't been opened Please attach photo/video proof of the product received in order to invesigate. You can inform the return information via Lazada Application or Lazada website at the "Returns" menu and select the status item which shows "Waiting to submit evidence" If Buyer didn't provide the infomation as Lazada requested within 48 hrs. Lazada would have to cancel the return of this item in the system.
TB1sIj9JYGYBuNjy0FoXXciBFXa-48-48.png

"

Edited by nobodysfriend

15 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

If you don't like lazada due to lack of English support, Shopee is at least 10x worse

I use shopee exclusively as the lazada experience is lacking in a number of areas. Shopee is easy. Log in, do your search, then run google translate on the page. Works remarkably well. 

AliExpress is my #1 choice if the needs are  not immediate. 

Edited by gargamon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I use shopee exclusively as the lazada experience is lacking in a number of areas. Shopee is easy. Log in, do your search, then run google translate on the page. Works remarkably well.

Lazada has better overall coupon stacking (although recently you can no longer use cashback and discount coupon....unless you get a specific cashback coupon that allows this).

Shopee does have better "recommended/related" products results though.   And there are some vendors that might only be on shopee, but not Lazada.  It does seem like Shopee gives the seller a little more control on how they can list items.

I used to search on Lazada desktop, add to cart, and then purchase via the mobile.   But more recently, I order direct through the app.

Are you using Shopee on laptop or mobile browser?  or via Shopee app?  How are you doing translate?

I use Universal Copy app to scan text, and use the translate feature there.

Edited by 4evermaat

14 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Before , it was like this ...

Now :

Customer Service
03 Aug 2023 11:57

Comments:Dispute team has requested to provide evidence by customer.: According to the customer wants to return the item for the reason that " Expired items " and you have mentioned that the product hasn't been opened Please attach photo/video proof of the product received in order to invesigate. You can inform the return information via Lazada Application or Lazada website at the "Returns" menu and select the status item which shows "Waiting to submit evidence" If Buyer didn't provide the infomation as Lazada requested within 48 hrs. Lazada would have to cancel the return of this item in the system.
TB1sIj9JYGYBuNjy0FoXXciBFXa-48-48.png

"

Maybe it depends on the item…?

I returned two purchases last week. And many more over the weeks before. Never had an issue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Maybe it depends on the item…?

I returned two purchases last week. And many more over the weeks before. Never had an issue. 

Timeout
02 Aug 2023 23:06

Message:Dispute was raised as seller did not respond Comments:Seller did not respond in time and dispute was raised.

IF SOMEONE WANT TO RETURN AN ITEM , THE SELLER NOW HAS TO AGREE ON THE RETURN  if he does not answer in time , a Dispute is raised .

Edited by nobodysfriend

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:
Timeout
02 Aug 2023 23:06

Message:Dispute was raised as seller did not respond Comments:Seller did not respond in time and dispute was raised.

Many times the seller does not respond to your return request within the timeframe (48h ???) and the money gets refunded automatically. Then you’ve gotten the money and are left with the item too.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Do you have to pay taxes in Thailand on items bought on Aliexpress ?

Not that I recall. Most stuff I order there is less than $100 so this might not be a good indicator.

Deliveries from AliExpress take about 2 weeks. Their consumer protection is vastly superior to lazada or shopee. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

Since I use a gmail address the "log in using Google" works ok, but it's still more clicks.

Reverted to that Google for the past year - direct sign on was hit or miss and kept changing - no trouble to make the extra click for Google and that always works (at least until now).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gargamon said:

Shopee login is still ok. I don't use lazada as their website was a bit cumbersome. Looks like you're needing to make the switch too. 

Shopee removed the bank transfer option a year or so ago and will not accept foreign credit card.  They lost me with that move.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Well knock me sideways with a wet lettuce!

Why didn't I think of that, works like a charm ???? 

Find the click on empty to be required on most banking sites also.  But Lazada was flakey even with correct password so changed to Google and no more issues.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Shopee removed the bank transfer option a year or so ago and will not accept foreign credit card.  They lost me with that move.

For shopee I use k-bank and pay via qr code. AliExpress I use a US credit card and pay in US dollars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, Crossy said:

Recently my Chrome browser (3 different machines) has decided not to remember my Lazada username.

Password remembered OK once I've typed my email address.

Since I use a gmail address the "log in using Google" works ok, but it's still more clicks.

Lazada really, really want us to use their App. I really, really don't want too!

Just me??

No. Not just you. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, Crossy said:

Recently my Chrome browser (3 different machines) has decided not to remember my Lazada username.

Password remembered OK once I've typed my email address.

Lazada really, really want us to use their App. I really, really don't want too!

Just me??

I had the same a couple of days ago, wouldn't log me in on chrome username and P/W. Tried my gmail details and that worked ok. Went back to Chrome login but entered phone number instead of email and it worked ok. Also use Shopee so no real problems.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Last few times I ordered I used PromptPay.  You take screenshot of the QR code Shopee app generates and then use Thai banking app to pay for items.   Or if you are using a desktop, you just scan the QR code on-screen with mobile device.   I don't know if Thai desktop internet banking allow payment via QR code.

3 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Last few times I ordered I used PromptPay.  You take screenshot of the QR code Shopee app generates and then use Thai banking app to pay for items.   Or if you are using a desktop, you just scan the QR code on-screen with mobile device.   I don't know if Thai desktop internet banking allow payment via QR code.

Do not use mobile banking or even use a smartphone so that is not an option and Mobile banking is red "X" as an option on normal computer screen.  If need enough can use cash on delivery but order a lot so that is not a friendly system if can be avoided - and using Lazada avoids that.  As said I used to be a big fan of Shopee when could pay with bank transfers.