Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not at all thin skinned.

But when a person resorts to ad hominem they are both and at once, in breach of community rules and declaring they are out of rational arguments.

Play the ball, not the man.

I’ve found that most of those who harp on about ad hominem attacks on internet forums are more the “cry to the umpire and try to get the other person kicked out of the game because you can’t beat them fair and square” types.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

And all the while deny the words of Ben Gvir are relevant to provocation ? If Israeli forces see cause for further butchering of a confined target while protecting the proliferation of "settlers" in occupied territory  with further sanctioning  by the US then I am sorry to say I think you are mislead.

We should have a thread on ‘Ben Gvir’, this isn’t it.

And there is no excuse for Abass’s deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks.

His remarks are long held.

Your attempts to excuse his deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks are noted.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

48 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Of course ! But as remains true people with principle are denied and even destroyed by the rich elite . Bluster and denial by virtue signal is no eraser of truth.

Who are these people of principle you are referring to?

Are they abhorred by Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory statements or are they trying to excuse them?

I have now been openly accused of being antisemite  on the basis of being critical of the condemnation of a Palestinian who has made a speech against Israeli aggression. I think it would matter not if as a Muslim he had made no mention of Jewishness  that he would have been subjected to any lesser condemnation.

I personally am not antisemite. I am opposed to aggression to the point of death against others by virtue of illegitimate cause which includes too often religious infliction of  justification.. That puts me in opposition to 99.9% of current wars and civil disruptions.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RanongCat said:

I have now been openly accused of being antisemite  on the basis of being critical of the condemnation of a Palestinian who has made a speech against Israeli aggression. I think it would matter not if as a Muslim he had made no mention of Jewishness  that he would have been subjected to any lesser condemnation.

I personally am not antisemite. I am opposed to aggression to the point of death against others by virtue of illegitimate cause which includes too often religious infliction of  justification.. That puts me in opposition to 99.9% of current wars and civil disruptions.

And yet here you are excusing Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks that have their roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust, the root causes of which he so disgracefully mis represents.

What are we to make of that?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who are these people of principle you are referring to?

Are they abhorred by Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory statements or are they trying to excuse them?

Those "with" principle are unlikely to be  in your camp of those you deem "of " principle.

Most rational people would consider the merit or otherwise of Abass's comments in context of the whole situation. Some obviously adhere to sycophantic support of alternatives.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet here you are excusing Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks that have their roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust, the root causes of which he so disgracefully mis represents.

What are we to make of that?

The European Jewish  population begged Hitler for genocide ? History  provides little example of any such

16 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

So funny that you leap to assume more than was said. Is that because in your  mind there is so much more ? Come now....do not be coy !

Honestly I’m not trying to assume more than was said, I’ve had a couple of goes at answering the question you yourself asked:

37 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

A good  percentage of whom are .......? I will  let you  finish !

Go on tell us who you are referring to.

Don’t be so coy.

3 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Those "with" principle are unlikely to be  in your camp of those you deem "of " principle.

Most rational people would consider the merit or otherwise of Abass's comments in context of the whole situation. Some obviously adhere to sycophantic support of alternatives.

I think people of principle can call out overt antisemitism without any need to look for excuses.

I don’t have ‘a camp’.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Let me put it this way: do you believe that American Jews are inherently morally worse than the average American?

Let me put it this way: I do believe super rich American Jews who have monopolized a disproportionate percentage of the global financial system by virtue of historical events are inherently worse than the average American Jewish or not.

Let me put it this way: I do believe super rich American Jews who have monopolized a disproportionate percentage of the global financial system by virtue of historical events are inherently worse than the average American Jewish or not.

Straight out of the ‘Elders of Zion’.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think people of principle can call out overt antisemitism without any need to look for excuses.

I don’t have ‘a camp’.

So non sympathetic idolation to Israeli aggression is overt antisemite ? But I am welcome to say what I like  about Islamic aggression?

Wow ~!

4 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Wow. In an earlier post you felt the need to say that were not anti-Semitic. Simply the fact that you felt that needs tells me all I need to know. (Quacking like a duck!)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

First off, you can't monopolize a percentage. Either you've monopolizes something or not. Second, do you believe that super rich non Jewish Americans involved in the Global financial system are morally worse than the average American?

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

So non sympathetic idolation to Israeli aggression is overt antisemite ? But I am welcome to say what I like  about Islamic aggression?

Wow ~!

If you stick to topic you won’t have to make these torturous twists of what others have said.

Nothing in my post gives cause for that offering.

10 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Wow. In an earlier post you felt the need to say that were not anti-Semitic. Simply the fact that you felt that needs tells me all I need to know. (Quacking like a duck!)

I felt the need to refute an allegation.  I have no issue  with blondes  or gingers  either. Quack on !

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you stick to topic you won’t have to make these torturous twists of what others have said.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

"And yet here you are excusing Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks that have their roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust, the root causes of which he so disgracefully mis represents. "

Perhaps you need to clarify the context "roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust. "

To whom do attribute such ? Victims ? Perpetrator ?

"And yet here you are excusing Abass’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks that have their roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust, the root causes of which he so disgracefully mis represents. "

Perhaps you need to clarify the context "roots in the very same lies and hate that gave rise to the Holocaust. "

To whom do attribute such ? Victims ? Perpetrator ?

Why on earth would I attribute any cause of the Holocaust to the victims?

What nonsense is this?!

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Of course we’re both just speculating.

Do you think if the Palestinians stopped resisting Israel would stop stealing land?

My guess, they’d just take the land quicker.

Is it better to die on your feet than live on your knees?

Fortunately for me, I’ve never been faced with such a stark choice so I can’t really answer.

Nothing the Palestinians have done so far has stopped Israel from stealing land.