Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

29 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Why do the Jews always end up being persecuted and expelled. Just look at this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsions_and_exoduses_of_Jews

What is their role in these conflicts? Apparently merely suggesting there may be some reasons besides blind racial hatred is considered offensive (and even illegal in some countries?).  For me personally I would like some more nuance in the discussion before I take any side.

Typical anti semetic trope. Blame the victims.

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I have said that he is free to comment on the situation in the area , I have just stated that Anti-Semetic statements are not acceptable .

You seem to be stating that Anti Semitic statements are a reasonable and acceptable response to any actions taken by Israel .

The difference between me and you is quite clear.

I can condemn both Abbas’ words and Israel’s actions whilst you can only see Abass’ faults and are consciously blind to Israel’s.

You lack honesty on this topic because, as you well know, the truth about Israel’s occupation is indefensible.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That link doesn't support your claim, you claimed that 

"Apparently you fail to see the hypocrisy! Israel still expects Germany to pay annual reparations for something that ended almost 8 decades ago "

And that isnt in the link you provided 

He didn’t read it and assumed you wouldn't either.

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

I can condemn both Abbas’ words and Israel’s actions whilst you can only see Abass’ faults and are consciously blind to Israel’s.

You lack honesty on this topic because, as you well know, the truth about Israel’s occupation is indefensible.

But the topic here is Abbas not the history of Israel.

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Wrong.

Israel is part of the topic.

Just because you are too ashamed to discuss Israel’s ongoing crimes against the Palestinians doesn’t alter that fact.

Not the topic here.

Even if it was why would I be ashamed?

I'm not Israeli.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

This is a thread about Abbas's anti Semitic speech , why have you felt the need to criticise Israel in a thread about an Anti-Semitism ?

Why do you want to turn the subject to a "bash Israel" thread ..........................in a thread about Anti Semitism speeches ?

If you want to discuss the situation in the West bank, then we can do so in another suitable thread 

• Love It 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

You seem to have all the answers. 

If Nigerians in Thailand were behaving so badly that the government decided to ban all Nigerian tourists, would it be anti-Nigerian to claim it was due to their own bad behavior or must the only acceptable answer be that Thai's are racist against Nigerians.

Not saying that gives Thailand the right to murder Nigerian tourists that wouldn't leave but there's always context to these conflicts and I don't see why Jews get a pass in this regard.

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This is a thread about Abbas's anti Semitic speech , why have you felt the need to criticise Israel in a thread about an Anti-Semitism ?

Why do you want to turn the subject to a "bash Israel" thread ..........................in a thread about Anti Semitism speeches ?

If you want to discuss the situation in the West bank, then we can do so in another suitable thread 

Why do you think speaking the truth is bashing Israel?

Just because you guys are too ashamed to  defend Israeli atrocities does not mean it is not relevant to this thread.

Why did Abbas make these comments?

From the article:

His aim on such occasions is to dispute the connection between the Jewish people and modern-day Israel. Rights to the land lie at the core of the Israel-Palestinian conflict and are entwined with the historical narratives of both peoples.

Why is Abbas unhappy about the presence of Israeli’s on Palestinian land…, could it be because Israel is committing atrocity after atrocity against a defenceless people - I think so.

What on earth makes you think you can spout off about Abbas and Palestine without getting any return of service?

Edited by MrMojoRisin

46 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Why do the Jews always end up being persecuted and expelled. Just look at this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsions_and_exoduses_of_Jews

What is their role in these conflicts? Apparently merely suggesting there may be some reasons besides blind racial hatred is considered offensive (and even illegal in some countries?).  For me personally I would like some more nuance in the discussion before I take any side.

What is your opinion on that ?

Why have Jews been persecuted continuously throughout the ages ?

My opinion is that Christians and Muslims stole/burrowed the Jews God and used their new Regions to persecute the original Religion .

Muslims and Christians stole God (for themselves) and used it to persecute Jews

What is your opinion on that?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

My opinion is that Christians and Muslims stole/burrowed the Jews God and used their new Regions to persecute the original Religion .

That sounds plausible to me. Anytime religions are in close proximity there is a possibility of conflict.

But even so Hitler killed Jews and he didn't state that as the reason so why is everyone losing their minds when it's merely stated the reasons he gave himself? 

Furthermore is anyone aware right now Elon Musk is going to sue the ADL and there is a #BanTheADL hashtag trending on Twitter now? ADL is an explicitly Jewish organization and they've been causing so much trouble for Elon (and other right wing media) he's going to sue them.

Question I would have then is, were they doing this in the past and this maybe led to their expulsions? 

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

If Nigerians in Thailand were behaving so badly that the government decided to ban all Nigerian tourists, would it be anti-Nigerian to claim it was due to their own bad behavior or must the only acceptable answer be that Thai's are racist against Nigerians.

Not saying that gives Thailand the right to murder Nigerian tourists that wouldn't leave but there's always context to these conflicts and I don't see why Jews get a pass in this regard.

Of course you don't  

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

That sounds plausible to me. Anytime religions are in close proximity there is a possibility of conflict.

But even so Hitler killed Jews and he didn't state that as the reason so why is everyone losing their minds when it's merely stated the reasons he gave himself? 

Furthermore is anyone aware right now Elon Musk is going to sue the ADL and there is a #BanTheADL hashtag trending on Twitter now? ADL is an explicitly Jewish organization and they've been causing so much trouble for Elon (and other right wing media) he's going to sue them.

Question I would have then is, were they doing this in the past and this maybe led to their expulsions? 

Were Jews troublemakers throughout history and that's why they been persecuted  through the ages and did they deserve the Holocaust for being troublemakers ?

Is that your question ?

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Speak of the devil.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/09/musk-antisemitism-anti-defamation-league-twitter/675235/

There’s a Word for Blaming Jews for Anti-Semitism

Elon Musk’s conceit that Jews cause themselves to be persecuted is as old as anti-Jewish bigotry itself.

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Were Jews troublemakers throughout history and that's why they been persecuted  through the ages and did they deserve the Holocaust for being troublemakers ?

Is that your question ?

If I had to guess based on current events I would say there were Jewish elites subverting the majority ethnic group and that led their expulsions. With the holocaust I think it was in the middle of a total war situation and Hitler lost his mind and decided to implement the "final solution".

Add the Jews to the list of millions of innocent people that were killed.

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Don’t discount envy.

The Jews are a very successful people across many fields.

IMG_4178.thumb.jpeg.f4c9ae232417f902e0315d13be0eba60.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is that your question ?

It is and it's a classic antisemitic trope 

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

If I had to guess based on current events I would say there were Jewish elites subverting the majority ethnic group and that led their expulsions. With the holocaust I think it was in the middle of a total war situation and Hitler lost his mind and decided to implement the "final solution".

Add the Jews to the list of millions of innocent people that were killed.

Elites.

Fascist code for Jews.

Exterminating all Jews was at the very central core of Nazi ideology.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Speak of the devil.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/09/musk-antisemitism-anti-defamation-league-twitter/675235/

Elon Musk’s conceit that Jews cause themselves to be persecuted is as old as anti-Jewish bigotry itself.

Are Jews always victims?

Can they do no wrong?

Just now, Jingthing said:

well I think we're all getting sick of this tired game of calling everything anti-semitic. All people should be held accountable without needing to call anyone anti-this or anti-that.

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

well I think we're all getting sick of this tired game of calling everything anti-semitic. All people should be held accountable without needing to call anyone anti-this or anti-that.

Convenient for you to say that as a person amplifying an antisemitic narrative.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bait ignored. 

You didn't ignore it. You made that pointed reply.

It would be just as easy to answer the question rather than make with the passive-aggressive outrage, although of course to answer the question is to lose the argument.

• Love It 1