The state of your average expat in Thailand.

bob smith

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I prefer to call it imbibing and enjoying female companionship.  As a retired expat, cannot think of a better way to spend my time and money than to help out as many hard working Thai entrepreneurs as possible .   

Can anyone tell me a better way to spend time and money?   

Only have 45000 Baht per month pension, so travelling and staying in hotels is beyond my means.  Yes I live in Pattaya

I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a bar in Pattaya and buying girls drinks so they will sit next to me and spend the evening listening to their lies .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a bar in Pattaya and buying girls drinks so they will sit next to me and spend the evening listening to their lies .

I always thought the idea was to buy them 1 drink while you negotiate a price for sex?

If you buy them drinks all night, you're probably doing it wrong.

If it's talk you want, better in your home country.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always thought the idea was to buy them 1 drink while you negotiate a price for sex?

If you buy them drinks all night, you're probably doing it wrong.

If it's talk you want, better in your home country.

It depends on how much money you have .

If you have lots of money then you can buy drinks all night and pay whatever they ask for .

If you're on a tight budget then you can only get one drink and try and get the girl to lower their price .

I would take a long hard look at my lifes choices if I was in a Pattaya bar getting just one drink and trying to get sex on the cheap , it sounds like a desperately sad and lonely existence 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I would take a long hard look at my lifes choices if I was in a Pattaya bar getting just one drink and trying to get sex on the cheap , it sounds like a desperately sad and lonely existence 

There's those isolated in the country with the fake wife\girlfriend who lead a lonely isolated life and even more lonely are those men stuck in farangland 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's those isolated in the country with the fake wife\girlfriend who lead a lonely isolated life and even more lonely are those men stuck in farangland 

One man's illusion is another man's fairytale, or was it another way around?

58 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It depends on how much money you have .

If you have lots of money then you can buy drinks all night and pay whatever they ask for .

If you're on a tight budget then you can only get one drink and try and get the girl to lower their price .

Nah, the desperate guys are the ones paying hookers for listening.

Prostitutes are for sex, nothing else!

Edited by BritManToo

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There are many people that don't fit into any of those categories and not get involved with prostitution and who are not lonely though .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, guys who pay girls to be with them are indeed desperate , but guys who cannot afford to pay for girls drinks are both desperate and skint 

I don't agree that you think guys are desperate to pay for fooling around.

It could be a bloke's hobby, or thinking about the miserable woman he got rid of back home.

Just pay up and go home, simple with no strings............:clap2:

We must think out of our box, plus, it has nothing to do with us.......:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Adumbration said:

This thread is a good example of how depressing the content on this forum has become.  The posts by fake accounts well outnumber those by real people.

And the OP is just nonsense....sigh...

What exactly comprises a fake account? If they are fake, what's the point? Why would someone bother to make a fake account here? Why spend time answering posts, besides to troll, and that's childish so that might be a legitimate reason, boredom. And how does one know if fake accounts well outnumber real ones if they don't own the forum and check into them? Depressing does describe some posts, yes.

• Confused 1

On 9/12/2023 at 8:40 PM, bob smith said:

Is it just me or is the average expat that lives in Thailand a loser?

most of them seem to have severe mental problems,

alcoholism/drug abuse is rampant.

Now I am no angel. I like a drink and have been known to dabble in substances in the past

but these guys are on another level.

I feel quite uneasy when I chat to a fellow expat, especially in a bar setting.

They always have a story.

most of them come off as con men/wrong uns,

maybe its the places that I frequent, i dont know.

but Thailand is full of farang losers.

People who western women wouldnt look twice at but here they think they are james bond.

What a sorry state of affairs. 

"Is it just me or is the average expat that lives in Thailand a loser?"......... yea, pretty much just you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, everybody lies, so any conversation can be that way. 

There is an app  called Thaifriendly for females seeking males, they are mostly freelancers not working in bars, and come directly to your condo. Bars I go to play pool and yes buy a lady drink or 2 if I am enjoying some games with a girl there.  

Just like the numerous massage parlors, there are women everywhere, and the little bit of philanthropy I can share with them is more times than not, well worth it. 

For me it is all about helping the Thai people who have to make a living.  

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

For me it is all about helping the Thai people who have to make a living.  

If its all about helping Thai people who have to make a living , why not spend your money going to street food kiosk , buying 50 Pad Thai take-aways and then go and give that food to the poor hungry people living on the streets ?

So you have four or five good friends and the rest of the world are somewhat losers, seems fair enough.

C'mon your creating a post on TV, that automatically for most puts you in that loser category and I'm replying to it along with all the other losers here so were there too.

You won't get any winners on here to give a different view and to be fair I dont really meet many winners.

How about you, what would make them a winner compared to the rest?

I do think their is a higher percentage of off people here, what I'm not sure though is whether that's always been the case or is just 80/90 percent of people gone off since covid.

• 1 month later...

I avoid the 'typical' farang expats, i really do. Most of them have zero respect for the country they are a guest in, and are dumb as f... I don't go in bars either, for the same reasons. I don't like farangs. And most of them complain all the time, about everything in Thailand

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aurelien said:

I avoid the 'typical' farang expats, i really do. Most of them have zero respect for the country they are a guest in, and are dumb as f... I don't go in bars either, for the same reasons. I don't like farangs. And most of them complain all the time, about everything in Thailand

you'll love me then.... 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

True. I was listening to a podcast the other day. Interview of a girl who lived in Phuket for a while according to her, you got 3 types of men in Thailand.

1) Losers

2) Nutters

3) Cheaters

They are all here for the same reason. The need to heal - which is of course never gonna happen. Best case scenario they'll get the illusion of it.

Anyway, I agree 100% with this assessment.

You're right, booob !!!

Edited by JordyTwilightZZ