How to buy DTAC prepaid data package by typing code?

farrol

Hi,

I still have balance on my DTAC sim card and would like to buy a data package as soon as I arrive at the airport in Thailand.

E.g. one of those packages:

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/dtac-promotion/packages/internetmaxspeed.html?bnid=20150709590

But how can I do this as long as I'm not connected to Internet yet?

There used to be a way to type codes into the phone keyboard to achieve this, but I cannot find how.

On that web page it says "Enter 10-digit phone number Request OTP code via SMS" but how can I access that page with no Internet ????

Last time at Suvarnabhumi there was free internet WiFi available.

So you can start from there.

I don't have the details at hand.

Really funny method by DTAC.

Whether this magic code will list all available internet packages?

*104*851*9#

Maybe a DTAC user knows more.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2023 at 11:52 AM, farrol said:

Hi,

I still have balance on my DTAC sim card and would like to buy a data package as soon as I arrive at the airport in Thailand.

E.g. one of those packages:

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/dtac-promotion/packages/internetmaxspeed.html?bnid=20150709590

But how can I do this as long as I'm not connected to Internet yet?

There used to be a way to type codes into the phone keyboard to achieve this, but I cannot find how.

On that web page it says "Enter 10-digit phone number Request OTP code via SMS" but how can I access that page with no Internet ????

You don’t need ‘Internet’ in order to purchase a package. Don’t get ‘data’ mixed up with simply having a phone signal. In fact it is better to switch off data within the phone settings before you even put the SIM in the phone. 
Then with just the basic phone signal you can tap in the code and press the Call button to apply it. Once you receive an SMS confirming that the data/Internet package is activated, you can go into the phone settings to turn mobile Internet back on. This will save your credit being eaten up before you are able to apply a data package. 

On 9/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, farrol said:

I googled this page from 2019 which lists several DTAC dial codes for Internet packages, including the code you mentioned above:

https://www.multicountrytours.asia/best-prepaid-sim-card-and-network-providers-in-thailand/

Does anyone know if these codes still work in 2023?

Some will and some won’t. Some might work, but be a completely different price. Some state Unlimited but there is no indication of the fact that the speed is ‘capped’ nor an indication of the capped speed. In some cases 1Mbps or perhaps less.

For example *104*379*9# is not 300 baht but 374.50. The speed is capped at 1 Mbps. No indication of that via your webpage link. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, farrol said:

Thanks, but where are these codes listed on the DTAC website?

I couldn't find these codes there.

Where did you get this information?

Since they bring out new promos all the time, they don’t keep republishing old codes. So you might have to search for them yourself and test via trial and error. 
Better to ask for specifically what you want to see if someone knows an active code for it. Better than a random search. 

On 9/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, farrol said:

I googled this page from 2019 which lists several DTAC dial codes for Internet packages, including the code you mentioned above:

https://www.multicountrytours.asia/best-prepaid-sim-card-and-network-providers-in-thailand/

Does anyone know if these codes still work in 2023?

If you know there is a good promo on the DTAC website, you can subscribe to the cheapest 10 baht 100MB of data package by typing in a code from the multi country tours page and then use that connection to click through the DTAC promo that you want on the DTAC page. 
You can even subscribe to the package before you take off, if you have International Roaming set up on the SIM. Keep Data/Data Roaming switched off, then you can use WiFi to click through via the phone or access the webpage via another device. It will send an OTP to the SIM. Enter that where requested and apply the package to the SIM. Then you’ll be up and running as soon as you land. Obviously not useful for one day packages. 
But useful for packages such as this;

363F1976-399C-4D99-8F15-A15A12470166.thumb.jpeg.faa2343452e84ce3951c4f0779d33a44.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2023 at 11:52 AM, farrol said:

If I don't use the DTAC app on the phone (which I prefer) I usually type *101*9# to get my balance, and if I don't have an internet package running the reply of the balance usually includes an offer of an internet package by pressing 1 to buy.

• Thanks 1