Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Due process.

image.png.cf18f43fce3ac43fdea08999e56281a8.png

He needs to be tried fairly before he is labeled a rapist and has his career destroyed.

Simple really.

Again, it’s just you and one other who has used the term ‘rapist’. 
I’ve seen ‘predator’ used amongst others. He’s just an undesirable, so he’s being disowned. I don’t have feelings about it one way or the other. 

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

Shouldn't his >6 million followers be the ones to decide whether to disown him, as opposed to a couple of lefties at YouTube?

There are other channels. His followers can find him there. If I didn’t like you, then perhaps you would not be welcome in my home either. If you tried to call me a ‘leftie’ because of that, I would just laugh in your face. 

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sorry. I didn't realise Asean Now was the entirety of social media.

I am not reading ‘the entirety of social media’, I am discussing the matter with links and information posted here. If you have something from the ‘entirety of social media’ to discuss, then post it here for review. 
Until then, my opinion is that he is finally being held to account for his reprehensible behaviour. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Due process.

image.png.cf18f43fce3ac43fdea08999e56281a8.png

He needs to be tried fairly before he is labeled a rapist and has his career destroyed.

Simple really.

I know what ‘Due Process’ is, but unless there is a ‘process’ written into the terms of service then no ‘due process’ can exist.

If you allege that Brand has not been afforded due process you first have to demonstrate there is any due process to be applied.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You folded like a cheap suit. Couldn't answer a straight question. Resorted to fridge magnet platitudes. 

Next...

What if I didn’t know the answer? Would that have made you a winner because “I couldn’t answer a straight question?Or perhaps I just decided to not argue with a fool. Take your pick. 

Here’s a straight question for you; How many metres will you be away from the moon at 4pm today? If you don’t know the answer, I’ll be the winner ☺️

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What are you talking about Chomhpherh?

Do you not know the difference between canceling/deplatforming someone and suing them for libel? They are 2 completely different things.

But you already knew that...

You responded to a post that was attributing a quote to me, that was not from a post I made.

Simple.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

O rly.

image.png.7283753a56f5e33f334207e83a895911.png

Don’t you get tired of arguing like a silly little girl?

Why not discuss whether or not you believe he has behaved appropriately. 
We don’t need to focus on specific allegations of criminality. That was just the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back’. It’s clear that he has been ‘getting away with murder’ for quite some time. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So nobody here on this forum then?

Well, Spider Mike said he could tell he was guilty (of rape) just by looking at him.

However, when people refer to trial by social media that is obviously not restricted to this website. Plenty on X saying he is guilty for example.

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

O rly.

Really Johnny, you can do better.

Here’s your post, go see what you were actually  replying to and less of this offering another post as some kind of justify for your error:

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Threatening to take legal action against someone for libel is not 'canceling' someone.

But Chohmpher already knows that.

Let’s have a bit more honesty from you.

We all make mistakes, it’s no big deal, admitting your won’t hurt, too much.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Well, Spider Mike said he could tell he was guilty (of rape) just by looking at him.

However, when people refer to trial by social media that is obviously not restricted to this website. Plenty on X saying he is guilty for example.

Did SpiderMike use the word rape? Or did he just say ‘guilty’?

Rape is only one of the accusations against Russell.

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

O rly.

Details matter Johnny, here’s a detail for you:

Look very carefully!

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Considering that it was Brand who wanted to cancel at least one of his accusers years ago by threatening to take legal action against her if she told anyone else about her allegation, I thinks its poetic justice that this has finally caught up with him. For years he's ducked these allegations with denials. 

There does seem to be plenty of evidence to back up some of the claims. One of the alleged victims who attended a rape crisis center on the same day of the alleged rape had her underwear and other samples as evidence, frozen.

Now if you feel you are up to offering an apology I’m all ears.

And I will be gracious in acceptance.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Details matter Johnny, here’s a detail for you:

Look very carefully!

Now if you feel you are up to offering an apology I’m all ears.

And I will be gracious in acceptance.

If you copy someone else's post and then accidentally post it as your own, that's your problem.

Maybe some IT training could help you? Did wonders for my 72 year old mother. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If you copy someone else's post and then accidentally post it as your own, that's your problem.

Maybe some IT training could help you? Did wonders for my 72 year old mother. 

But I didn’t.

I even told you that you were responding to a misquote.

But you persisted.

My goodness admitting your error is difficult for you.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sick of money grubbers ( of either gender ) crawling out from under the rocks they've been lurking under for years or decades because they think it's a payday.

Why don't we hear about such allegations against Joe Bloggs with not much cash to give them?

If someone won't do anything about it for 20 years they should suck it in and carry on the way they have been. We've all got events in my life that irk, myself included, but we don't run to the media about it. Only exception would be if they reported it to the cops and the cops refused to take it seriously or covered it up.

Presumably you felt the same way when the allegations about Saville, Glitter, Epstein, Weinstein, etc came out? 

If the UK/ US authorities had adopted your view, two of those named above would be free and, in all probability, committing more crimes today.

IMO it's an atrocity that unproven allegations like these are allowed to be published. Should not be till at least a prosecution is announced.

I agree and pre-internet that was pretty much the case, however, difficult to see how it might be achieved nowadays.

I don't know how many innocent men have had their lives ruined by such media garbage, but I bet it's a lot.

No doubt some have. Harvey Proctor springs to mind recently. A lot?

IMO any person making such allegations that are found to be false should be prosecuted and jailed, plus a large fine.

There are already avenues open to the CPS and individuals in the UK to bring cases against individuals making false accusations.

Traditionally in the UK, the CPS are reluctant to prosecute alleged rape cases because it is difficult to secure a conviction. Therefore, if a not guilty is reached, it is likely that there was a case to be answered. Imo no reason to go further.

It's because of <deleted> like this that I don't read newspapers any more.

Imo there is more false information to be found on the wider internet than there is in newspapers such as 'The Times'.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

I am not reading ‘the entirety of social media’, I am discussing the matter with links and information posted here. If you have something from the ‘entirety of social media’ to discuss, then post it here for review. 
Until then, my opinion is that he is finally being held to account for his reprehensible behaviour. 

Your opinion? Nice to see you are the entitled one. I bow to your superiority.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Your opinion? Nice to see you are the entitled one. I bow to your superiority.

Yes, people express their opinions here. Didn’t anyone tell you? It must have come as quite a shock to you. 
So what is your ‘opinion’ on his behaviour of grabbing and sexually assaulting guests and colleagues alike? 
I often wonder why people like you come to the defence of people like him. Birds of a feather in your dreams?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s a curious thing.

I’ve searched every post in this thread, nobody, absolutely nobody who is a member of this forum accuses Brand of being a rapist in this thread.

There is however an accusation of others branding Brand a rapist, here it is:

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, people can go around making accusations about someone and, because what some people may say he is like, he can be branded a rapist?

Such a strange outlook.

Methinks someone complains too much.

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, NextG said:

Yes, people express their opinions here. Didn’t anyone tell you? It must have come as quite a shock to you. 
So what is your ‘opinion’ on his behaviour of grabbing and sexually assaulting guests and colleagues alike? 
I often wonder why people like you come to the defence of people like him. Birds of a feather in your dreams?

I've already stated my opinion. Although it was not accepted by some and often when I do state my opinion I'm told it stands for nothing as I can provide a link.

Anyway, there have been no charges. No evidence produced. Neither has anyone made a statement. 

Therefore, there is nothing to defend him for and I have not defended him, neither will I if he is eventually taken to court and found guilty.

Your last sentence is a disgrace.

• Thumbs Up 1