Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do now so many "journalists" and "influencers" say that the guy was always suspicious and bad? If they knew that then why didn't they call the police? 

More importantly, why didn't his accuser(s) report him 10, 15 or 20 years ago when it happened?

• Like 1

What a few of you have failed to grasp, is that none of this has anything to do with whether he is found guilty or not. The point is that they already know what he is like, as does he and they have decided to disown him. All the foolish talk of being found guilty or not guilty is just noise. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No.

By saying "there hasn't been a trial yet." In reply to him saying " there hasn't been a trial yet". Same conclusion. Agreement. Point proven.

No by pointing out that while he objects to an accusation because there hasn’t been a trial yet, he at the same time offers up a statement that cannot be held true/or false until there has been a trial.

Before we go further, is this going to be another of your sophistry kicks today?

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

What a few of you have failed to grasp, is that none of this has anything to do with whether he is found guilty or not. The point is that they already know what he is like, as does he and they have decided to disown him. All the foolish talk of being found guilty or not guilty is just noise. 

Shouldn't his >6 million followers be the ones to decide whether to disown him, as opposed to a couple of lefties at YouTube?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, people can go around making accusations about someone and, because what some people may say he is like, he can be branded a rapist?

Such a strange outlook.

• Like 2

More to the point.

Have we forgotten so soon the anger and hair pulling that ensued when it was revealed the BBC and others had failed to act immediately in response to accusations against others accused of sexual misconduct?

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No by pointing out that while he objects to an accusation because there hasn’t been a trial yet, he at the same time offers up a statement that cannot be held true/or false until there has been a trial.

Before we go further, is this going to be another of your sophistry kicks today?

Exactly.

You both object to accusations/assumptions/theories, prior to a trial.

On that you agree. Just as I said.

So, it's time to stop the suggestions, whether for or against, and time to wait for a trial.

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Yes, several times.

Not me, perhaps I missed the others or got distracted by his accusers being referred to as ‘sluts’.

Eitherway, Russell Brand is accused of rape, actually stating Russell Brand is a rapist without him having been found guilty of that heinous crime is of course unacceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

I won’t answer because your premise is completely foolish and not worth my time in discussing. To what end? 

Idiots use ‘woke’ and ‘cancel culture’. Idiots from the ‘right’. I know that I am right about this…. 
We can argue all day about whether a news agency is ‘left leaning’. But perhaps human nature is predominantly ‘left leaning’, so what should we do about that? It’s just a stupid waste of time and energy, to no end. Better to leave you ranting about left and right on your own. 

Not worth your time and yet you wrote a whole paragraph on it.????

You can't answer without conceding I am correct. Maybe best you just stop drawing attention to that fact...

Just now, JonnyF said:

Not worth your time and yet you wrote a whole paragraph on it.????

You can't answer without conceding I am correct. Maybe best you just stop drawing attention to that fact...

Yes, a whole paragraph, but not discussing your nonsense. 
If you want to tell yourself that you have ‘won’ something, knock yourself out.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What ‘due process’.

Please explain what due process is due or are you assuming there is some kind of due process?

Anyone comes onto my property, breaks my rules the due process they het is me kicking them out the gate.

‘Due process’ is not a thing unless it’s a written agreement in any contract to which it is alleged to apply.

Due process.

image.png.cf18f43fce3ac43fdea08999e56281a8.png

He needs to be tried fairly before he is labeled a rapist and has his career destroyed.

Simple really.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’d be curious too because that’s not a quote of anything I said.

Wipe your face Johnny, it’s covered in the egg you threw at it.

What are you talking about Chomhpherh?

Do you not know the difference between canceling/deplatforming someone and suing them for libel? They are 2 completely different things.

But you already knew that...

16 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, people can go around making accusations about someone and, because what some people may say he is like, he can be branded a rapist?

Such a strange outlook.

Who here has called him a rapist? 
Personally I think he just sees women as objects after his formative experience in Thailand… but that’s just me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Yes, a whole paragraph, but not discussing your nonsense. 
If you want to tell yourself that you have ‘won’ something, knock yourself out.

OK.

You won Jonny. Your logic won. He tapped out. Great job.