Forum upgrade in progress! ×

EoT, 3rd time, 400,000 Baht 2 months...

In 2022, when applying for the extension of stay based on marriage in CW they told me I would not be allowed to touch the 400,000 baht in the bankbook until I would get the actual extension of stay stamp three or four weeks later.

Which resulted in an actual three months of the money locked in the bank account.

This year they did not tell me that I would need to wait three instead of the by law required two months.

I'm asking because this year with the high interest I can get elsewhere I would immediately withdraw the money and invest it somewhere for nine or 10 months before it would go back to the Thai savings account.

Are other applicants being asked to not touch the money you in the consideration period?

There is no absolute prohibition on withdrawing the money immediately after application, but it is inadvisable to do so until Division headquarters has approved the extension. It is possible for them to do their own checks, and there would be complications if the money was not there if they did.

• Like 2

Probably a good idea not to touch the money….that said, for them to check requires them to ask you for that day’s documentation of receiving the final stamp…they have no way of verifying without a trip to your bank…

and they have never asked me for proof on the day of receiving your final stamp…that person is not prepared to do that nor is part of their job….it just means a lot more work for them to do that and what do they gain?

19 hours ago, zappalot said:

In 2022, when applying for the extension of stay based on marriage in CW they told me I would not be allowed to touch the 400,000 baht in the bankbook until I would get the actual extension of stay stamp three or four weeks later.

Which resulted in an actual three months of the money locked in the bank account.

This year they did not tell me that I would need to wait three instead of the by law required two months.

I'm asking because this year with the high interest I can get elsewhere I would immediately withdraw the money and invest it somewhere for nine or 10 months before it would go back to the Thai savings account.

Are other applicants being asked to not touch the money you in the consideration period?

See an agent for retirement extensions and forget the 400,000 Bt in the bank. Or you could join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

See an agent for retirement extensions and forget the 400,000 Bt in the bank. Or you could join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

Which will cost far more than the interest he's receiving on his 400k. What a silly suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Which will cost far more than the interest he's receiving on his 400k. What a silly suggestion.

Your the one who's being silly, pay about 14,000 Bt, for retirement ext's then spend what part of the 400,000 you want and no hassle with the agents, and you don't have to put up with  all the unnecessary nonsense from IO's.

48 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Never been told to keep the 400k and never have. Five years now and no problem.

Korat office.

There are ~75 immigration offices.

Korat not relevant.

This question is often asked as per this attached thread.

For the OP 400K for 3 weeks is perhaps 1500baht loss of opportunity cost.

Trivial cost.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1298009-money-in-bank-for-extension-based-on-marriage-minimum-must-be-kept-there-whilst-under-consideration/

4 hours ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

and they have never asked me for proof on the day of receiving your final stamp…that person is not prepared to do that nor is part of their job….it just means a lot more work for them to do that and what do they gain?

As I wrote they asked last year AND I had to show proof from the bank on the day of stamp collection. I have no clue why but they did. This is Thailand, not the hub of logic behavior...

Yeah, I will see an agent tomorrow (to inquire for next year), I am boring to waste a full day for me AND my wife in this <deleted>ty CW place, having to drive there is where it starts... If it would be a 30 minute thing, but no, it is hours to waste just to show the 100% exactly same papers with the same photos, same address, same wife. They do not even realize that we printed out the same photos of us the third year in a row... But they act as if the world would end if this ceremony is not being repeated in the same way every year... They even got angry when the papers were not sorted in the right way... There is nowhere a warning to sort them in a certain way, especially as some papers you only get after they pre sort the many papers...

• Like 1