Bread

Maybole

4 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Do the ingredients arrive independently or do you have to go out to buy them?

I usually order a month's supply of ingredients online and because it's Thailand, delivery is super cheap.

However, I hear you need to go out and buy flour, yeast and bread improver every time you bake, if you're a professional forum troll.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this machine (bought at Yok for about 3,000 Baht a few years ago. I use it often, as I love to wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread.

Most of the better machines can bake 1lb, 2lb, and often 3lb loaves, with a choice of three levels of crust (light, medium, dark,) and a menu of 12 different bread or dough options. Some prefer to use the machine just to knead their dough to be baked in a regular gas oven. Deeper crust that way.
The machine I bought came with two 1lb pans and one 2lb pan. As I like to slice my bread for sandwiches (after the first morning's tear-off with breakfast,) the 2lb loaf gives me more usable slices (remember, there will be one or two holes in the bottom of the loaf from the mixing paddles. I try to remember to remove them after the second rise if I'm baking during the day.)
Normally, I just dump in all the ingredients, set the timer so that my bread will be finished a half hour before I wake up, and go to sleep. Warm French, Italian, Whole Wheat, Milk bread, quick bread, plain old White bread... even pizza dough and some puddings!  Doesn't get much easier than this.

BreadMaker1.jpg

Bread1.jpg

BreadMaker2.jpg

• Like 1