Non - O ME in HCMC and Hanoi: Denied!

1 minute ago, vinci said:

maybe they don't like his look, they don't ask for financial statement and this was two month ago

Yet on the website that you quoted from they state they do 

2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.

or are you saying what you posted is incorrect

maybe he ask too much question, question he shouldn't be asking and they get confused, logic of a multiple non-o is you only stay 90 day and you must leave the country, i don't need 400k to stay 90 days.

Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required, this requirement is for supporting thai children, its not for thai spouse

Edited by vinci

10 minutes ago, vinci said:

maybe he ask too much question, question he shouldn't be asking and they get confused, logic of a multiple non-o is you only stay 90 day and you must leave the country, i don't need 400k to stay 90 days.

Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required, this requirement is for supporting thai children, its not for thai spouse

Incorrect can I suggest you read your own post where it states

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to accompany a Thai spouse or Thai Family members in Thailand.

2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?

Edited by vinny41
typo

bro! i just came back from HCMC like 2 month ago with a multiple non o(spouse)

multiple non o is never meant for you to stay a year back to back, the purpose was stay 90 days and you leave and sometime later you return, 400k in bank don't make sense, how are you going to put 400k in bank, which bank? thai bank how? foreign bank?, 40k a month why do i need 400k if i only stay 90days. 

2 minutes ago, vinci said:

bro! i just came back from HCMC like 2 month ago with a multiple non o(spouse)

multiple non o is never meant for you to stay a year back to back, the purpose was stay 90 days and you leave and sometime later you return, 400k in bank don't make sense, how are you going to put 400k in bank, which bank? thai bank how? foreign bank?, 40k a month why do i need 400k if i only stay 90days. 

if that is case why don't you post an image of your visa as what you posting is different to what the op has posted Bro

oh i think i know why they did not ask for my financial statement 

2.4.1. Thai spouse:

Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English,

this is very important without this letter they will reject you out right, it's just a letter from your wife saying that i'm her husband, but the catch is in that letter it also said, she will sponsor me for the multiple non-o and will pay all expense related to our relationship

maybe i don't know, why they don't ask for my financial statement

17 minutes ago, vinci said:

i don't have to prove to you anything and i do not care what you think, you are just a nobody to me

Thats okay what it does prove is your posts are just a pack of lies as you keep changing your story and unwilling to back up your posts by posting an image of your visa

Guarantee letter is discussed her its similar to an invite letter from your wife requesting that you be granted a visa and that your will be living with her

Edited by vinny41
add

2 hours ago, vinci said:

maybe they don't like his look, they don't ask for financial statement and this was two month ago

If you received a multiple entry Non O visa in HCMC two months ago, without showing financial proof, please confirm this (preferably, with a scan of the visa you received). There have been many reports over the last six months or so of financials now being one of the requirements.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

"

My Thai wife and I are applying for a marriage visa for me and part of that is to have an officer from immigration visit the house, look around at the environment, and interview a neighbor..." 

Thought you used an agent?

Also, your agent does your extension of stay based on marriage, not a Non-O based on marriage, totally different things.

Tomatoes tamatos

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

Accusing Savannakhet of only issuing Non O visas for the visa fees is absolutely ridiculous. That consulate (like Vientiane before the appointment system) is inundated with applications, and so desperate to reduce the number of applicants that, as a deterrent, it had to become one of the hardest consulates to get single entry tourist visas. It is a fact that the officials at Savannakhet (and those in Vientiane) are basically friendly people who do not favour the breaking up of families leaving divorced wives and fatherless children. That is distinct from the anti foreigner attitudes of some other embassies/consulates.

They created the problem by allowing the corruption... they continue to feed the problem by not ending the corruption... and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who follow the rules and get inundated with the bureaucracy... both the applicant and the IO officers... the fact that it has become harder and harder for the good people who follow the rules is testament to what I said.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

They created the problem by allowing the corruption... they continue to feed the problem by not ending the corruption... and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who follow the rules and get inundated with the bureaucracy... both the applicant and the IO officers... the fact that it has become harder and harder for the good people who follow the rules is testament to what I said.

I still fail to understand what you believe to be the "corruption" at the Savannakhet consulate. The requirements, there, for a multiple entry Non O visa are less onerous than at other consulates, and they were previously lenient in the requirements for a single entry tourist visa. I have never heard of any extra charges over and above the visa application fees (that do not go to the officials). Please explain the benefit you believe the consular officials at Savannakhet receive from their "corruption", and how this "corruption" works.

Note that lacking of hatred of foreigners is not corruption.

EDIT: Actually, there is one corrupt practice that has been observed (not by the consular officials, and nothing to do with the application itself). It has been reported that you can pay to jump the huge queues that occur at the consulate some days. If that was the motivation for the friendlier requirements, they would not have made the decision to deter applications for tourist visas.

Edited by BritTim

On 10/11/2023 at 8:02 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

If you insist on falsely accusing me of openly engaging in corruption on a public forum in Thailand, I will sue you for defamation.

I won't, but please give it up with this holier-than-thou, 'good people' nonsense. Other people obtaining a visa that they are entitled to via legal means is not making your (sad) life any more difficult but maybe something else is?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

If you insist on falsely accusing me of openly engaging in corruption on a public forum in Thailand, I will sue you for defamation.

I won't, but please give it up with this holier-than-thou, 'good people' nonsense. Other people obtaining a visa that they are entitled to via legal means is not making your (sad) life any more difficult but maybe something else is?

What are you smoking... you must have a guilty conscious... I am only "accusing" those who game the system as being the reason that IO's are making it more and more difficult for the rest of us who follow the rules... if you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck... my guess is that you are a duck. 

54 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I am only "accusing" those who game the system as being the reason that IO's are making it more and more difficult for the rest of us who follow the rules..

Sadly you don't know what are talking about.

Read up on visa options....one being multi entry non O available at some embassies/consulates,

It's a visa option used  by many.

Many married guys prefer it over non O with extensions.

Some gas/oil and roster workers find good option.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

What are you smoking... you must have a guilty conscious... I am only "accusing" those who game the system as being the reason that IO's are making it more and more difficult for the rest of us who follow the rules... if you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck... my guess is that you are a duck. 

You have stated that those applying for multiple entry Non O visas in Savannakhet are "gaming the system" and availing themselves of the "continuing corruption" at the Savannakhet consulate. You appear to do this based on the illogical view that people should only apply for visas at locations that impose the most onerous requirements, and that consulates that are friendlier to applicants are somehow corrupt because they do not exhibit the requisite level of xenophobia. If you have any proof of your "corruption" claims, let's hear them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

You have stated that those applying for multiple entry Non O visas in Savannakhet are "gaming the system" and availing themselves of the "continuing corruption" at the Savannakhet consulate. You appear to do this based on the illogical view that people should only apply for visas at locations that impose the most onerous requirements, and that consulates that are friendlier to applicants are somehow corrupt because they do not exhibit the requisite level of xenophobia. If you have any proof of your "corruption" claims, let's hear them.

Actually, you have read more into what I posted than what was actually posted... you painted my statement with a broad brush rather than understanding that my comment was not about "everyone" but limited to those who, and there are many, who abuse the system.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 6:35 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:
On 10/13/2023 at 4:39 AM, NanLaew said:

Expand  

And now you're just being too silly.

Now, skipalong now...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Actually, you have read more into what I posted than what was actually posted... you painted my statement with a broad brush rather than understanding that my comment was not about "everyone" but limited to those who, and there are many, who abuse the system.

Sorry skippy but you are the one broad-brushing anyone who gets a legitimate visa in Savanakhet with anyone who uses an agent to get an extension in Thailand. Not at all sure why you feel your peaceful life in Thailand is so imperilled by the actions of people you don't even know.

Now stop digging, you're not fit enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You specifically identified those applying for multiple entry visas in Savannakhet as an example of abusers of the system, and (by implication) accused consular officials at the Savannakhet consulate as guilty of corruption without any evidence.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

You specifically identified those applying for multiple entry visas in Savannakhet as an example of abusers of the system, and (by implication) accused consular officials at the Savannakhet consulate as guilty of corruption without any evidence.

Read my post again... that's not what it says.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

@Skipalongcassidy is just trolling. He is probably an ex-schoolteacher who can't lecture the kids anymore so he goes on a forum in which he has no involvement and lectures other people. (he pays his agent to get his non-o and goes through all the home visit and neighbour interviews etc) . It is a bit sad that he has no other interest except complaining about other people and his imagined corruption. I was going to make some deliberate spelling mistakes to give him some entertainment by correct my spelling.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

@Skipalongcassidy is just trolling. He is probably an ex-schoolteacher who can't lecture the kids anymore so he goes on a forum in which he has no involvement and lectures other people. (he pays his agent to get his non-o and goes through all the home visit and neighbour interviews etc) . It is a bit sad that he has no other interest except complaining about other people and his imagined corruption. I was going to make some deliberate spelling mistakes to give him some entertainment by correct my spelling.

typical reaction... I would expect no less from you.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

typical reaction... I would expect no less from you.

Thank you. I cant see any other reason why you would engage in a forum which has nothing to do with you since you get a visa from your local office. Reading the replies, nobody else on the thread seems to appreciate your preaching and moralising. In fact, I would bet most expats are here to get away from it all -no tv news, no newspapers, nobody to preach to you except Skipalong. All your comments are  just speculation anyway which makes them more laughable. Only the people in the immigration department or the office in Laos could know the reason they do not ask for financials so accusing them of corruption is just silly. It is mainly for FIFO people anyway. I only spend 6 months a year in Thailand. I am married toba Thai so am not a tourist. I am not retired. Why would i want to have 400,000 baht tied up in a Thai bank with low interest or get an inappropriate visa.

• Sad 1