Non - O ME in HCMC and Hanoi: Denied!

14 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

The thread is about non o visas without financial requirements so you getting an agent to fill out the paperwork is not really at all relevant. 

What are you rambling on about?  You... "He could say agents do not often do non o for marriage and again call you  a fool for commenting about what you do not know."  Me... "My agent has always done my non o for marriage... no problems"

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

What are you rambling on about?  You... "He could say agents do not often do non o for marriage and again call you  a fool for commenting about what you do not know."  Me... "My agent has always done my non o for marriage... no problems"

It is not clear from your post whether your agent gets you a visa without financial proof or with. If you join a thread about getting visas without financial proofs and accuse people of "gameing it" it is pretty easy to assume you provide financial proof to your agent and ypu must expect a negativecreaction from other posters for your accusation. Savannaket provides the ME non-O visa and the assumption must be it is legal and not gameing it as you imply.  

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

It is not clear from your post whether your agent gets you a visa without financial proof or with. If you join a thread about getting visas without financial proofs and accuse people of "gameing it" it is pretty easy to assume you provide financial proof to your agent and ypu must expect a negativecreaction from other posters for your accusation. Savannaket provides the ME non-O visa and the assumption must be it is legal and not gameing it as you imply.  

It is quite clear that your reading comprehension level needs improvement... I merely suggested that people who try to get any visa should either be able to comply with the requirements that are published by the Thai government or outlined by whichever IO that they choose to deal with... also that they be aware that there are ambiguities as a fact of dealing with IO so planning ahead is essential... Like have more monies than the bare minimum... or have more documentation than the bare minimum... or heaven forbid avoid the myriad of pitfalls that is Thai immigration and USE AN AGENT...  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It is quite clear that your reading comprehension level needs improvement... I merely suggested that people who try to get any visa should either be able to comply with the requirements that are published by the Thai government or outlined by whichever IO that they choose to deal with... also that they be aware that there are ambiguities as a fact of dealing with IO so planning ahead is essential... Like have more monies than the bare minimum... or have more documentation than the bare minimum... or heaven forbid avoid the myriad of pitfalls that is Thai immigration and USE AN AGENT...  

So your AGENT was willing to get you  a Multi-entry non-O married to a Thai visa without any proof of financial requirements?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 8:26 AM, Tod Daniels said:

AND they didn't have a "letter" written from the thai wife asking the consulate in Savannakhet issue the year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa.

I've never been asked for this AND never had any issues getting a non O based on marriage.

13 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

It is sad that you are so bored with life that you have to go and preach on a forum thread that has no concern to you. Somebody has started a new Savannaket thread. You had better rush and chastise all the bad people 'circumventing' the rules.  

My guess is that you have a shelf full of participation trophies... 555

• Sad 2

On 9/28/2023 at 7:54 PM, Wongkitlo said:

It is sad that you are so bored with life that you have to go and preach on a forum thread that has no concern to you. Somebody has started a new Savannaket thread. You had better rush and chastise all the bad people 'circumventing' the rules.  

Let me ask you... why are you the champion of those that circumvent the rules... you do know that the rule breakers are the main contributors to making the process more difficult for everyone else... it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the entire crate.

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 7:58 AM, PJ71 said:

I've never been asked for this AND never had any issues getting a non O based on marriage.

Letter from wife for multi non-O, required in Saigon, not required in Savannakhet.

Back to OP,

Hanoi has never been good for Multi non-O

Saigon have always wanted a wife letter, but post COVID now want financials showing 400+kbht.

Suvannakhet was always and still is the easiest due to a 'please help us get foreign visitors' pact with the Thai government.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Letter from wife for multi non-O, required in Saigon, not required in Savannakhet.

I was under the impression that Saigon had stopped issuing ME Non O 

EDIT: seems ME Non O marriage is available.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1277961-ho-chi-minh-and-non-o-visa-experience-today/

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Let me ask you... why are you the champion of those that circumvent the rules... you do know that the rule breakers are the main contributors to making the process more difficult for everyone else... it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the entire crate.

You seem to really care about it so much so I will answer. . Let me ask you. Why is going to Savannakhet to get a visa circumventing the rules? Has it ever occured to you that it is a legal, government authorized immigration office with officers in uniform and not a shady back street illegal agents office? Do you think maybe the Thai government realizes that some foreigners  are in a legal loving relationship with a Thai person but for some unfortunate reason do not have the money in the bank to afford a visa and they allow a little loophole to help such people? I am curious? Are you married to a Thai or just a preaching old retiree with no commitment or engagement to Thai culture or  people?

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Two things... first, yes I am happily married to a Thai woman and fully support the Thai way as opposed to the farang who want the system to change for them.  Secondly, supporting the corruption in Savannakhet IO is against what the Thai government is trying to accomplish... so yes this IO has become, as you say, a shady backstreet illegal agents office that is in it for the baht... not as you would like to believe to help the less fortunate retiree who cannot put 400k in the bank to qualify for a marriage visa. 

Your words not mine. I am sure you are a really nice person who begrudges somebody less fortunate than you a happy marrìage to somebody they love.  Luckily there are not many people like you making the world a sad place. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Two things... first, yes I am happily married to a Thai woman and fully support the Thai way as opposed to the farang who want the system to change for them.  Secondly, supporting the corruption in Savannakhet IO is against what the Thai government is trying to accomplish... so yes this IO has become, as you say, a shady backstreet illegal agents office that is in it for the baht... not as you would like to believe to help the less fortunate retiree who cannot put 400k in the bank to qualify for a marriage visa. 

If you've been in Thailand long enough to embrace the "Thai way", you will appreciate that the Royal Thai Consulate in Savanakhet, Laos is in total compliance with their governing Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs rules and regulations, as is the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore and the Honorary Thai Consulate General in Houston TX.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:18 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

My agent has always done my non o for marriage... no problems

"

My Thai wife and I are applying for a marriage visa for me and part of that is to have an officer from immigration visit the house, look around at the environment, and interview a neighbor..." 

Thought you used an agent?

Also, your agent does your extension of stay based on marriage, not a Non-O based on marriage, totally different things.

On 10/2/2023 at 6:22 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Secondly, supporting the corruption in Savannakhet IO is against what the Thai government is trying to accomplish

On 9/25/2023 at 10:18 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

My agent has always done my non o for marriage... no problems

Maybe a little contradictory?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2023 at 6:22 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Accusing Savannakhet of only issuing Non O visas for the visa fees is absolutely ridiculous. That consulate (like Vientiane before the appointment system) is inundated with applications, and so desperate to reduce the number of applicants that, as a deterrent, it had to become one of the hardest consulates to get single entry tourist visas. It is a fact that the officials at Savannakhet (and those in Vientiane) are basically friendly people who do not favour the breaking up of families leaving divorced wives and fatherless children. That is distinct from the anti foreigner attitudes of some other embassies/consulates.

• Like 1

Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City, does not ask for your financial 

1. Requirement:

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to accompany a Thai spouse or Thai Family members in Thailand.

1. Document Required:

2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months.

2.2. Filled Visa application form

2.3. A recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of the applicant which sticks on the visa application form

2.4. For who accompanying with;

2.4.1. Thai spouse:

• Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English,
  • Copy of Thai marriage certificate

- If an applicant has another national marriage certificate, the document will need to be translated in English by a notary public

- For Vietnamese marriage certificate need to be legalized by Department of External Relation in Ho chi Minh City (Address: 184 Bis Pasteur, Quận 1, TP.HCM)

• Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Certified copy of house registration book
  • Other relevant document, for example copy of Thai child’s birth certificate with their passport/Id card

2.4.2. Thai child(ren) 

• Copy of Thai child’s birth certificate with their passport/Id card

2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.

2.6. Additional requirements for some certain countries:

• Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City by providing a copy of the Vietnamese resdience card with legalization stamp from the Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relation

*N.B.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.

An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties

1. Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):

Single entry 80 USD 

Multiples entry 200 USD 

1. Processing times:

Two working days

1. Working hours: 9.00- 11.30 and 13.30- 15.00

By appointment only at (Click)

1. Validity of a Visa:

The validity of a Visa is 3 months

1. Period of Stay:

15 minutes ago, vinci said:

Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City, does not ask for your financial 

1. Requirement:

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to accompany a Thai spouse or Thai Family members in Thailand.

1. Document Required:

2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months.

2.2. Filled Visa application form

2.3. A recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of the applicant which sticks on the visa application form

2.4. For who accompanying with;

2.4.1. Thai spouse:

• Guarantee letter from Thai Spouse, can be Thai or English,
  • Copy of Thai marriage certificate

- If an applicant has another national marriage certificate, the document will need to be translated in English by a notary public

- For Vietnamese marriage certificate need to be legalized by Department of External Relation in Ho chi Minh City (Address: 184 Bis Pasteur, Quận 1, TP.HCM)

• Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Other relevant document, for example copy of Thai child’s birth certificate with their passport/Id card

2.4.2. Thai child(ren) 

• Copy of Thai child’s birth certificate with their passport/Id card

2.6. Additional requirements for some certain countries:

• Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City by providing a copy of the Vietnamese resdience card with legalization stamp from the Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relation

*N.B.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.

An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties

1. Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):

Single entry 80 USD 

Multiples entry 200 USD 

1. Processing times:

Two working days

1. Working hours: 9.00- 11.30 and 13.30- 15.00

By appointment only at (Click)

1. Validity of a Visa:

The validity of a Visa is 3 months

1. Period of Stay:

Op stated that while requirement is not listed on website when the op went there March 2023 he was denied as he didn't have 400K in bank account

He tried again in June and was told they only issue ME to residents 

and your post does state

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1