Oops...

Red Phoenix

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you saying that you don't think it happened?

As soon as someone mentions that fact-checkers are on the case, I tend to believe the report is true.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you read the reports you'll see what I'm saying but I don't expect you to do that. However not surprised you believe it, its great humour for children linking Ukraine with Urine

Talking of children!! Absolutely stunning!!

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

However not surprised you believe it, its great humour for children linking Ukraine with Urine

It was you who mentioned 'children' Brian. I was simply responding with a nice post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

It was you who mentioned 'children' Brian. I was simply responding with a nice post.

If you had not clipped my post and taken it out of context, you would read that I did address the video in full and then went onto get back on the actual topic. However its clear you're now being dishonest in your replies.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some of the fortunate Ukrainian children who weren't kidnapped or killed by the Russians

Back on topic

Fake Video of 'Glory to Urine' New York Billboard Fools Internet

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/movies/fake-video-glory-urine-york-213400031.html

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you had not clipped my post and taken it out of context, you would read that I did address the video in full and then went onto get back on the actual topic. However its clear you're now being dishonest in your replies.

Sorry.

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The company that owns the screen explained that the error was caused by an intelligent system that compared the yellow color with the word Ukraine and automatically corrected it to a similar consonant word - Urine.

What could have happened, is the person on the computer couldn't spell Ukraine, and the Spell-checker took over.

A lot of Americans have probably never heard of Ukraine.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

What could have happened, is the person on the computer couldn't spell Ukraine, and the Spell-checker took over.

A lot of Americans have probably never heard of Ukraine.

There are a few words that I always mis spell, but they generally show up underlined in red. I then go to Google, retype it and it shows me the correct spelling in UK English.

Reasonably simple in English, but in Ukrainian I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

Thai is bad enough but IMO Welsh is the worst.

In English it is town, in Welsh it becomes tref.

Computer becomes cyfrifiadur, yet car is the same as English.

English becomes Saesneg, similar to Jockinese or in

English slang  it becomes those bar stewards in Whitehall, London, which comes out as 

bratiaith Saesneg  mae’n dod yn stiwardiaid bar yn Whitehall, Llundain

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Irrespective whether the Urine-clip is real or fabricated, it's only a joke! ????

Nothing irrespective about it, its fake, even down to the fake Fox News digital stamp they put on the vid.

"The video also showed a logo for Fox News Digital. However, we found no evidence that it had been posted by the publisher. By email, a spokesperson for Fox News said that they "did not publish this video."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing irrespective about it, its fake, even down to the fake Fox News digital stamp they put on the vid.

"The video also showed a logo for Fox News Digital. However, we found no evidence that it had been posted by the publisher. By email, a spokesperson for Fox News said that they "did not publish this video."

Yeah, but people who want to believe a fake story will do so regardless of evidence.

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

I tend to believe the posters who provide a link.  Do you have one?

It's all in the OP presentation. I can see it.

It clearly says 'Glory to Urine'. Is that not good enough for you Bruce?

23 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Glory to Urine.JPG

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It's all in the OP presentation. I can see it.

It clearly says 'Glory to Urine'. Is that not good enough for you Bruce?

Right, and there's absolutely no way some troll couldn't photoshop that and put it on the internet for consumption by the gullible.  (That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't figure it out.)

Credible posts have links to credible sources.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Right, and there's absolutely no way some troll couldn't photoshop that and put it on the internet for consumption by the gullible.  (That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't figure it out.)

Credible posts have links to credible sources.

Don't looked photo-shopped to me Bruce. I agree that someone could have done it for a laugh, and blamed it on some AT thing. Could have been an IT/AI error.

When I see things with me own eyes, I tend to believe that it's true. These links to places like the BBC, CNN or The Guardian, I put a question mark up there straight away. And these fact-checkers are often funded by dodgy concerns.

22 hours ago, owl sees all said:

As soon as someone mentions that fact-checkers are on the case, I tend to believe the report is true.

As soon as someone mentions that fact-checkers are on the case, I tend to believe the report is false.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As soon as someone mentions that fact-checkers are on the case, I tend to believe the report is false.

Sorry for any confusion Sir.

It was probably me bad grammer dat confuzed you. Wot i was meening to say was. Wen the OP report was published, I tend to believe it. As soon as a fack-cheker rubbishes it, I'm all in with it.

Hope that's cleerer now.

Edited by owl sees all
Spelt 'published' wrongly.
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You obviously don't know too much about photoshop after effects or the new adobe ai firefly

If you had visited any of the links I had posted earlier you would also have seen the photo taken of 5th Avenue in reality as opposed to the fake video. Notice the lack of scaffolding for starters.

image.png.987768474ae4f4d5183f7ac660db0fff.png

image.png

I don't trust anything I don't personally see.  Wife & myself can photoshop anything, and we don't even have good software.

Edited by KhunLA