Tracking Registered Post to Australia.

Dazinoz

Anyone recently sent a registered item via Thailand Post?

I sent item from Chiang Mai on the 14th. Tracking details appeared on their site 6 times until hand over to carrier at Swampy on the 15th. No tracking since, now 1 week. I would have thought handed to airline a week ago should be in Oz, but maybe not.

Just curious if anyone recently posted and how long it took.

13 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I sent item from Chiang Mai on the 14th. Tracking details appeared on their site 6 times until hand over to carrier at Swampy on the 15th. No tracking since, now 1 week. I would have thought handed to airline a week ago should be in Oz, but maybe not.

Tracking in Australia is atrocious.

Here is an example.  If I get a registered letter or parcel sent to me from Australia it does not show up on the Austpost website.  However as soon as the item hits Thailand it does show up on the Thaipost tracking website.

The reverse is also true, if you send ems from Thailand to Australia you can track via Thaipost website, but as soon as the item arrives in Australia it does not show up, with the exception of one notification when it is signed for by the recipient.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Tracking in Australia is atrocious.

Here is an example.  If I get a registered letter or parcel sent to me from Australia it does not show up on the Austpost website.  However as soon as the item hits Thailand it does show up on the Thaipost tracking website.

The reverse is also true, if you send ems from Thailand to Australia you can track via Thaipost website, but as soon as the item arrives in Australia it does not show up, with the exception of one notification when it is signed for by the recipient.

Thanks. Auspost used to be good. A sign of the times I guess.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Perfectly normal. The system will show it departing Thailand.Then there will be nothing until it has cleared Customs and re-enters the mail system with Auspost.Usual timings is 14 days ish.

Thanks. Guess I will just wait.

9 minutes ago, seajae said:

aussie post do not register it in their network when they arrive from Thailand, I have sent heaps to Australia registered post, the people I have sent them to have contacted aussie post and have been told they have not arrived in Australia but was delivered the next day,  it was never sent from Thailand but thai tracking shows it leaving the country, when chased up they have been found in various post offices, Australia post has become absolutely pathetic

Thanks. Actually now recall something like that happened to me.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago I had a registered letter take an unusually long time to get to the UK. Tracked as leaving Thailand within three days (posted late on a Friday) then was in the wilderness for 17 days till the tracking logged it as at Heathrow. 

19 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

try 17track website

4 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

I sent a letter from Hua Hin to Adelaide about 6 weeks ago.  It took 2 weeks to arrive in Australia - no problems with online tracking, I checked every few days and knew when it left Thailand, and when it was delivered in Ozland.

Tracking in Thailand from point to point up to handed over to carrier. Ozland nothing until delivered I guess.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, CharlieH said:

Perfectly normal. The system will show it departing Thailand.Then there will be nothing until it has cleared Customs and re-enters the mail system with Auspost.Usual timings is 14 days ish.

That's also happening with post to the UK now. We used to get a blow by blow account of its movements through the UK postal system right up to delivery, but now it's just final delivery only. Maybe it's a general trend worldwide.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with tracking or how bad Thailand post is or whatever.

Your package is simply still at the airport waiting for the next available flight. This is quite normal with Thailand post and I have had packages waiting for 3 weeks before being loaded.

Pro tip.

Sending parcels via EMS makes zero difference as they all get loaded on the same flight. It may make a bit of a difference during how fast it is delivered to swampy or haw fast it is delivered after it the parcel passes the customs, but otherwise it is just a waste of money.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 4:24 PM, TigerandDog said:

Just 1 big difference. Thai post tracking doesn't normally record movement in the destination country. 17track does.

UPDATE: Both Thaipost and 17track have no further updates but item arrived in Australia as I received an email from them with a receipt.

As someone else mentioned no point in wasting money tracking an item to Australia at least and probably other countries as well.

9 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

UPDATE: Both Thaipost and 17track have no further updates but item arrived in Australia as I received an email from them with a receipt.

As someone else mentioned no point in wasting money tracking an item to Australia at least and probably other countries as well.

It all depends on which shipping method you used. Thai post have several

EMS you can follow all the way, not so with registered or e-packet, which will only show when delivered.

I have sent e-package to Oz several times in the past 2 years, and never took more than 10 days to get delivered

Edited by BenStark

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

It all depends on which shipping method you used. Thai post have several

EMS you can follow all the way, not so with registered or e-packet, which will only show when delivered.

I have sent e-package to Oz several times in the past 2 years, and never took more than 10 days to get delivered

I told Thaipost server that I wanted it tracked. Only a letter and cost me 230 baht.

7 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I told Thaipost server that I wanted it tracked. Only a letter and cost me 230 baht.

Your letter had tracking, I only explained the different tracking options depending on which service you use.

Maybe next time you can explain yourself better to Thaipost, since they aren't mind readers

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Your letter had tracking, I only explained the different tracking options depending on which service you use.

Maybe next time you can explain yourself better to Thaipost, since they aren't mind readers

Yes, I understood what you meant and I just asked for tracked.

Ummm, "Can I have this tracked please" Where is the mind reading involved in that?

Edited by Dazinoz