Fire Extinguisher

moogradod

On 9/23/2023 at 9:25 AM, moogradod said:

Yes, thank you. The house will anyway be stuffed with all kind of alarm systems, sirens, cameras, contact alarms, even bullet proof glass. One of the systems may easily extended to include smoke (gas) alarm.

Blimey - what sort of threat are you living under or what sort of items are you protecting if you need bullet proof glass in your home ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, hidbehindthesofa said:

Blimey - what sort of threat are you living under or what sort of items are you protecting if you need bullet proof glass in your home ?

AN members, angry neighbors -  one never knows. And especially - burglars. Not easy if not impossible to penetrate even with more sophisticated means. Use a Sledgehammer if you like.

Edited by moogradod

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

We also have a fire blanket in the kitchen so that once extinguished the food could still be edible.

Maybe not edible, but a quick and appropriate way to extinguish oil fires. Good idea - I will do the same.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Ex-Wife?  ????

Exactly. But she did not do it deliberately nor was it the reason for divorce. The insurance paid the most of it as well. What was annoying was the dust of smoke that settled on any visible object all around the house - of course she did not close the door.

And the kitchen clock had an interesting shape afterwards. Just like in the pictures of Salvador Dali.

I am marrried a second time since 17 years with my Thai wife - happily. She cooks many times in the garden on charcoal - they seem to be obsessed by that - our family upcountry only does it that way.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I will just say in the US water is sprayed on a fire from the top whereas in the UK at the base of a fire, both are effective. TTBOMK

Oh Ok, I am sure there are different theories and arguments concerning both points of view,.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Oh Ok, I am sure there are different theories and arguments concerning both points of view,.

I'm pretty sure it depends on the fire. I'm from the US and have had a fair amount of fire training and I have never heard of fighting a fire from the top down, always from the base. 

I think someone may be watching movies of aircraft dropping water or spraying from a distance. 

Almost any kitchen fire can be put out with a towel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1