Thailand Senior Golfers Association

JAS21

This association is open to all who are forty five years old and more. They play monthly at different courses around Thailand, but generally not too far away from Bangkok. Normally the price to play is 1500Baht which includes Green Fee, Caddy Fee and a Buggie as well as a meal and awards.

If you don’t have your own transport I understand that you may be able to join with some others in pre-arranged transport.

Awards are the normal, longest drive, nearest the pin plus overall low gross and net, plus low net and runner up in each age category. I believe that there are six age categories plus ladies.

This month there were 140 golfers playing, groups of six people so obviously some tees were loaded twice. Start times tend to be either 8:30 am or lunchtime.

They have a Facebook page called … Thailand Senior Golfers’ Association – TGSA – English Version.

You have to play three times before you are eligible for any age group award. You can make up your own groups, if not enough others will normally be added to make up the six.

Last month they played at Watermill, this month was Khao Cha-Ngok, October is the Royal Thai Air Force course at Patham Thani, November should have been Pinehurst but now changed to Watermill again and December the Royal Thai Army course in Bangkok.

It tends to be a ‘fun day’ and efforts are made to ‘ensure fair play’. MrsJ and myself have played on and off with this group over the last twelve years or so.  

You can apply to play either by phone 084-0780724 or info on their FB page.

As an aside, if you want a real challenge go and play Khao Cha-Ngok. Greens are so fast and difficult. On one green I landed in the wrong place and the ball came back to my feet twice!! Mrs J and myself ended up with the highest scores we can ever remember. Many many players scored very high.

If you want accommodation there Pre-Cadet is okay and the accommodation at Watermill is good, both around 1200Baht.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

groups of six people

8 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

if not enough others will normally be added to make up the six.

They play in 6 balls...... Out of curiosity how long is the round on average?

Thanks for the info but I won't even normally play in a 5 ball let alone a 6 especially where everything has to be putted out.

• Like 1