I cannot login to Lazada any more

billd766

Just now, tgw said:

some more details may help, firstmost the device type (computer/phone) and software used (app or browser).

I am using my pc and the browser is Google Chrome.

I am using Windows 10.

I found the on screen keyboard and can do a copy of the screen using the Windows key on the pc and the PrtScn button on the on screen keyboard. I can copy the screen but I cannot do a copy to or save as to anywhere.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

On my PC it has had the jitters for a few days, perhaps they have a problem.

Have you tried logging out then in...(need password)....?

The problem with doing that, is that I cannot logon to logoff and log back on again.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am using my pc and the browser is Google Chrome.

I am using Windows 10.

I found the on screen keyboard and can do a copy of the screen using the Windows key on the pc and the PrtScn button on the on screen keyboard. I can copy the screen but I cannot do a copy to or save as to anywhere.

as first steps, I would do the following:

- check available space on the system drive (C:)

- if space is available, try restarting the PC - still solves a lot of problems

I wouldn't know why you can't save the screenshot anywhere. try using WIN + shift + S  then something will popup giving you the option to save the screenshot.

deleting cookies related to lazada from your browser might also help.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

I wouldn't know why you can't save the screenshot anywhere. try using WIN + shift + S  then something will popup giving you the option to save the screenshot.

Yeah, you can then paste directly into an AN post: -

image.png.607efde0d1a94f05732d62a123dfd697.png

Like that (<Ctrl V>) ???? 

• Like 1

I've had this happen a few times and it's bloody annoying, however if you can bring up the Lazada website on your screen, before logging in, try to pick a product from their search bar, then click on the "buy now" (or whatever it is) and that will take you through to another window onto which you can then sign into Lazada – – you don't have to purchase your particular item, but then can use the fact that you have logged in, to look at/purchase whatever you want – – worked for me a few times.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Open a new tab, Google search for Lazada, then try login from scratch...

I tried that yesterday and the first wanted my mobile number. I put that in and it stopped going further by telling me that the number was already in use, and choose another number.

I am surprised that you did not hear my howls of rage and frustration.

10 minutes ago, tgw said:

Does Windows not tell you if space on C drive is getting low?

Re-starting the PC every morning seems to give me no problems at all.

I have the same problem. When I try to reset the password, they never send an OTP like they say they will. When I tried to open a new account, I can't because they say the email is already in use. I never liked them much anyway, so I have just stopped internet shopping completely.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I've had this happen a few times and it's bloody annoying, however if you can bring up the Lazada website on your screen, before logging in, try to pick a product from their search bar, then click on the "buy now" (or whatever it is) and that will take you through to another window onto which you can then sign into Lazada – – you don't have to purchase your particular item, but then can use the fact that you have logged in, to look at/purchase whatever you want – – worked for me a few times.

Now that has worked for me but it seems to be a long way around to go a short distance.

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I tried that yesterday and the first wanted my mobile number. I put that in and it stopped going further by telling me that the number was already in use, and choose another number.

If you are using a VPN - turn it off.  The only time I have issues with Lazada logins is when my VPN is on.

Another option?  Ditch Lazada and go to Shopee.  I never have login issues with Shopee and because of that I'm finding that more and more of my online shopping is done on Shopee.

20 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have the same problem. When I try to reset the password, they never send an OTP like they say they will.

Same here.  I never get an OTP via email.  However, I shut off the VPN and I can log in.  So for me it has always been a VPN issue. 
It's going to cost them business in the long run.  They could set a persistant cookie that identifies you as having logged-in in the past, but they doen't seem to use the technology that is available to them.  Log in, close the browser, open the browser, and you have to log-in again.

However - Shopee does set a persistent cookie.  Log-in, close the browser, open the browser, you're still logged-in. 

As I said, Shopee is now getting my business.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

There has been many times where using the 'LOGIN' link at the top of the home page doesn't work for me.

I use Chrome and Win 10 (just recently Win 11).

I have found (every time) that if I right-click on the 'LOGIN' link and use 'Open link in new tab', then login from that new window the problem will not occur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

That has just worked for me.

Thanks a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

There has been many times where using the 'LOGIN' link at the top of the home page doesn't work for me.

I use Chrome and Win 10 (just recently Win 11).

I have found (every time) that if I right-click on the 'LOGIN' link and use 'Open link in new tab', then login from that new window the problem will not occur.

I just tried that and it didn't work.

Time for an afternoon nap and a brain reboot.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Three or four days ago, Lazada suddenly started telling me my login password was incorrect.  Long story short, I had to go to "forgot password" and put in a new password that required parameters different from before. Now 8 characters including letters, at least 1 capital, numerals and a special character.   I then had to go through a two-step verification to log-in again. Now all good.

What I think happened is that without thinking things out, (big surprise) Lazada without warning, initiated new password requirements which negated existing passwords that did not meet the new requirements.  I think if OP changes his PW, all will be good.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1