I cannot login to Lazada any more

billd766

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

What I think happened is that without thinking things out, (big surprise) Lazada without warning, initiated new password requirements which negated existing passwords that did not meet the new requirements.  I think if OP changes his PW, all will be good.

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

Three or four days ago, Lazada suddenly started telling me my login password was incorrect.  Long story short, I had to go to "forgot password" and put in a new password that required parameters different from before. Now 8 characters including letters, at least 1 capital, numerals and a special character.   I then had to go through a two-step verification to log-in again. Now all good.

What I think happened is that without thinking things out, (big surprise) Lazada without warning, initiated new password requirements which negated existing passwords that did not meet the new requirements.  I think if OP changes his PW, all will be good.

My PW meets all the requirements you listed except the '1 capital' and I can login without any issues.

I have not used password sign on for Lazada for last six months or so - always had intermittent issues doing so.  Now just log on using "G* Google" option and no issues since (but do seem to have to google translate most pages even when set for English).

I just checked with VPN in USA and no issue log on to Lazada using above method.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Three or four days ago, Lazada suddenly started telling me my login password was incorrect.  Long story short, I had to go to "forgot password" and put in a new password that required parameters different from before. Now 8 characters including letters, at least 1 capital, numerals and a special character.   I then had to go through a two-step verification to log-in again. Now all good.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have not used password sign on for Lazada for last six months or so - always had intermittent issues doing so.  Now just log on using "G* Google" option and no issues since (but do seem to have to google translate most pages even when set for English).

I just checked with VPN in USA and no issue log on to Lazada using above method.

Thank you.

I just logged on to my Lazada account by

1   clicking the saved link

2   clicking on the shopping cart  

3   then I did a page reload and logged in with Google followed by my email address

It only seems to happen on Lazada. I only use Lazada once or twice a month so I think I can live with it.

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I found the on screen keyboard and can do a copy of the screen using the Windows key on the pc and the PrtScn button on the on screen keyboard. I can copy the screen but I cannot do a copy to or save as to anywhere.

The easiest way to copy from the screen Bill is the snipping tool.

Go to the windows search bar and start to key in Snip, you will get a list come up. What you want is the Snipping Tool, rather than Snip & Sketch. A box will appear and go to Mode, you have some options on how to select. An image will appear and then use the options under File in the top left to do what you want to do with the image.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Go to the windows search bar and start to key in Snip, you will get a list come up. What you want is the Snipping Tool, rather than Snip & Sketch. A box will appear and go to Mode, you have some options on how to select. An image will appear and then use the options under File in the top left to do what you want to do with the image.

Thanks Sandy.

I will do that later as I am reloading every site that has a password since I did a clear cache earlier.

On some sites I have to submit new passwords.

What a PITA.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thanks Sandy.

I will do that later as I am reloading every site that has a password since I did a clear cache earlier.

On some sites I have to submit new passwords.

What a PITA.

Set up Google password manager, it will load passwords auto, you will have one Google password to activate it when you log into Google..

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Thank you Sandy.

As you get older you tend to forget things especially if you don't use them, and I had forgotten the Snipping tool, which ahs changed a bit since I last used it.

On the line under the bookmark line highlighted, it runs, SHOPPING/ SELL/ HELP/ TRACK  and my login is next or next but one to that. My problem is that if I click on any of those fields, I get transferred away from the login icon.

I have no idea where that line came from or how to permanently the unwanted icons and save the ones that I want.

Lazada screen snip.PNG

• 6 months later...

Same thing happened to us  - If you don't want to change your PW (I'm hoping they fix this) - Here's a workaround.

Go to "Track My  Order" on the hoe page. 

Enter your email and a valid order.

You'll be directed to a login page that accepts the old, shorter PW. 

Will give them some more time before updating our PW. 

What a PITA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I rarely use Lazada, but I tried to login a few days ago.  The password has to be at least 8 characters now, and mine is 7.  I tried the suggestion above from kbb and it worked, so I tried to change my password to conform with the new requirements.   I got to the required page, but I had to confirm the old password before entering the new one, and it refused to accept the old password because it was less than 8 characters.  So where do I go from here.

Edited by delboy

4 minutes ago, delboy said:

I've been unable to login for a few days.  The password has to be at least 8 characters now, and mine is 7.  I tried the suggestion above from kbb and it worked, so I tried to change my password to conform with the new requirements.   I got to the required page, but I had to confirm the old password before entering the new one, and it refused to accept the old password because it was less than 8 characters.  So where do I go from here.

If you have Google account just use that for log in - have been doing that for the many months without issues.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

I tried using Gmail to login.  I was asked for my phone number, I entered it and, like somebody above, I got the reply that the number was already in use.