Good visa agent in 2023 recommendation?

ding

15 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

Recommendation - based on personal experience: At the right side of Big C Pattaya Thai (on Sukhumvitt road South Pattaya) is their car park; from the car park, if you look out onto the side road (that runs 90 degrees to Sukhumvitt), you will see a Visa Agency. I am purposely not giving the name but I have known the guy for 17 years - going back to when he used to give Sunday morning presentations for Pattaya Expats Club.

We'll stop by, thank you. Perfect Thaivisa reply from the good old days!

Red sign  IIRC.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2023 at 11:20 PM, champers said:

Key Visa. The owner; Darren; passed away earlier this year. His wife is now running the business.

We went there, to Key Visa outside Big C South Pattaya.

There was one Thai female there who was the single-most rude Thai person I've dealt with in over 30 years. She never once allowed me to finish a single sentence. She told me I could not get an extension of stay on my Non-O marriage visa in Chonburi. She said we'd have to go back to Surat Thani. She then offered to change it to a retirement visa. Knowing that to be false, I just said, "Thank you" at that point and urged my wife to please stop asking the woman further questions. 

We ended up doing it ourselves despite it being very stressful for my wife. The immigration official at window 6 said only one word in English, "Wait". The remainder of the time she only would speak Thai and bullied my wife until my wife was shaking. With cancer, my wife doesn't need that. We'll know more soon when they call and tell us to use their app. It would have been worth it to pay an agent who is reasonable, honest, experienced, and professional.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ding said:

We went there, to Key Visa outside Big C South Pattaya.

There was one Thai female there who was the single-most rude Thai person I've dealt with in over 30 years. She never once allowed me to finish a single sentence. She told me I could not get an extension of stay on my Non-O marriage visa in Chonburi. She said we'd have to go back to Surat Thani. She then offered to change it to a retirement visa. Knowing that to be false, I just said, "Thank you" at that point and urged my wife to please stop asking the woman further questions. 

We ended up doing it ourselves despite it being very stressful for my wife. The immigration official at window 6 said only one word in English, "Wait". The remainder of the time she only would speak Thai and bullied my wife until my wife was shaking. With cancer, my wife doesn't need that. We'll know more soon when they call and tell us to use their app. It would have been worth it to pay an agent who is reasonable, honest, experienced, and professional.

I am so sorry to read of your bad experiences. I hope you can get more helpful options for future reference. I haven't used an agent for 4 years but it is always good to know who you can rely on if personal circumstances change.

With regards to trouble parking at some agents, I would suggest parking at Terminal 21, Avenue or Central malls and hopping onto a motorbike taxis, or two if with a.n.other.

• Thanks 1