Thermal runaway dangers that seem to be overlooked!

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Pretty sure they are not using diesel to generate electric.  Probably natural gas, as the predominant fuel used in TH.

Never said EV user are saving the planet, just not contributing to the local vehicle exhaust that has a direct link to respiratory health.

I bought my EV strictly for savings & performance, as did most.  But feel free to bang on about nothing ... again, and again, and again.

As I have said before, which you choose to ignore, electricity in the Chiang Mai - Lamphun - Lampang area come from Mae Moh power station, fueled by lignite, the most polluting fuel on the planet.

Mae Moh Is currently being expanded.

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

EV's are without doubt cheaper to run. They are also a good solution to air pollution in urban environments.

It's when they become a religion with some, against the facts, that I say whoa.

Don't think I stated otherwise, and stated, many times, EV's aren't for everyone. 

But please don't tell us what they can't do, without knowing what they can do.  As the poster I replied attempted.  I simply pointed out his error in thinking.  Trying to educate, not convert, although it would be nice, and appreciated.

And if you really want to be picky, some of that energy along the UT-BKK route, might even be coming from 'renewables', along with most from nat. gas.

dsfg.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As I have said before, which you choose to ignore, electricity in the Chiang Mai - Lamphun - Lampang area come from Mae Moh power station, fueled by lignite, the most polluting fuel on the planet.

As stated many times, we, EV owners have no control over gov't stupidity.  Most of my energy for our EV comes from solar.

My reply to the post wasn't about CM, energy source, but simply correcting misinformation, of time needed to travel, and easy of charging along the way.

But feel free to interject irrelevant info into the conversation as you see fit.

It's irrelevant, so yes, I ignore it, actually, didn't even notice the CM reference ????

edit:  apparently I didn't ignore it, as you didn't post it, in this thread, as I just reread you postings, and not mention of coal.

Edited by KhunLA

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

i do agree with you. living in the northern region with the harmful air pollution during the burning season

and the presence of the mae moh power station is not what anybody want.

unfortunately, most people in the north have limited options and must cope with these challenges.

this situation has not much to do with ev cars ... to blame it getting worse because of ev cars is a very weak argument.

Edited by motdaeng

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Don't think I stated otherwise, and stated, many times, EV's aren't for everyone. 

But please don't tell us what they can't do, without knowing what they can do.  As the poster I replied attempted.  I simply pointed out his error in thinking.  Trying to educate, not convert, although it would be nice, and appreciated.

And if you really want to be picky, some of that energy along the UT-BKK route, might even be coming from 'renewables', along with most from nat. gas.

dsfg.png

Natural gas is mostly CH4 and C2H8, burning it still produces carbon dioxide. Less than burning coal, admittedly.

You think natural gas comes out of the ground as pure methane and ethane? Here's a news flash - natural gas at the wellhead contains up to 30% carbon dioxide, which has to be separated. Damn straight it doesn't get pumped back in, it's another emission no-one wants to admit to. Pretending natural gas is a cleaner fuel is more palatable.

Electricity worldwide averages 70% coming from fossil fuels. Virtue signaling can commence when it is less than 10%.

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Natural gas is mostly CH4 and C2H8, burning it still produces carbon dioxide. Less than burning coal, admittedly.

You think natural gas comes out of the ground as pure methane and ethane? Here's a news flash - natural gas at the wellhead contains up to 30% carbon dioxide, which has to be separated. Damn straight it doesn't get pumped back in, it's another emission no-one wants to admit to. Pretending natural gas is a cleaner fuel is more palatable.

Electricity worldwide averages 70% coming from fossil fuels. Virtue signaling can commence when it is less than 10%.

Again ... totally irrelevant, and we all know that.  Keep banging on, but don't expect another reply.

Read this again slowly:

We   Have   No   Control   Over    Govt   Stupidity.

Just our our personally source of energy .... SOLAR

Now tell me how solar panels and ESSs use fossil fuel to be produced, and pollute in the process of manufacturing & transport.

I saved you the trouble...have a nice day.

Edited by KhunLA