400k in the bank for two months - cutting it fine!

Hello all - I posted a few weeks back about having to pop to HCMC to get another non-imm O visa based upon marriage to give myself time to allow the 400k to season for two months.  However, I've managed to get my ducks in a row a bit quicker than I thought and with doing the 60 day extension I think I will just about be able to apply for the one year extension based upon marriage before the extension stamp expires.

My time line is as follows :

25/09 - 400k deposited in my account

28/11 - my current permission to stay ends

It's going to be pretty tight and annoyingly the two month seasoning date is a Saturday (25/11), so potentially the earliest I could apply is 27/11 which is the day before my permission to stay expires - is this cutting it too fine given it'll be my first experience applying for this extension and there's a chance I'll have some document missing/incorrect ?  Would it be worth applying on 24/11 (I'd say 25/09 - 24/11 is two full months ????), or is this likely to be futile and risk irritating the immigration officer ?

Many thanks...

Edited by Melpomene
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Melpomene said:

Hello all - I posted a few weeks back about having to pop to HCMC to get another non-imm O visa based upon marriage to give myself time to allow the 400k to season for two months.  However, I've managed to get my ducks in a row a bit quicker than I thought and with doing the 60 day extension I think I will just about be able to apply for the one year extension based upon marriage before the extension stamp expires.

It's going to be pretty tight and annoyingly the two month seasoning date is a Saturday (25/11), so potentially the earliest I could apply is 27/11 which is the day before my permission to stay expires - is this cutting it too fine given it'll be my first experience applying for this extension and there's a chance I'll have some document missing/incorrect ?  Would it be worth applying on 24/11 (I'd say 25/09 - 24/11 is two full months ????), or is this likely to be futile and risk irritating the immigration officer ?

Many thanks...

It is indeed 'cutting it fine' for the 1-year extension of stay application, especially since you wrote that it will be your very first 1-year extension of stay application for reason of Marriage. 

But for sure it is not impossible. 

I would suggest you proceed as follows: 

#1 - Get hold of the 'requirements document' for a 1-year extension for reason of marriage at your local Imm Office.  This is important as every Imm Office has different requirements on the details of these requirements, and will not accept your application when it is not 100% in compliance with THEIR requirements.

#2 - Then get hold of all documents (except the ones that need to be up-to-date on date of application), and visit Imm Office again to enquire whether that provisional trial-application meets their requirements.

#3 - Apply at the earliest day possible (as confirmed by the Imm Office, as they might allow 60 days instead of 2 months for your application), which will give you sufficient time to get hold of any missing or incomplete documents, for the application.  

NOTE that I recently compiled a comprehensive Guideline for such a 1-year extension of stay application based on an original Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.

When you are interested in receiving that Guideline do send me a PM, as well as at WHICH Imm Office you will be applying for the 1-year extension (and the 1-year extension of stay requirements document from that Imm Office if you have that already).  

Cheers and success!

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

It is indeed 'cutting it fine' for the 1-year extension of stay application, especially since you wrote that it will be your very first 1-year extension of stay application for reason of Marriage. 

But for sure it is not impossible. 

I would suggest you proceed as follows: 

#1 - Get hold of the 'requirements document' for a 1-year extension for reason of marriage at your local Imm Office.  This is important as every Imm Office has different requirements on the details of these requirements, and will not accept your application when it is not 100% in compliance with THEIR requirements.

#2 - Then get hold of all documents (except the ones that need to be up-to-date on date of application), and visit Imm Office again to enquire whether that provisional trial-application meets their requirements.

#3 - Apply at the earliest day possible (as confirmed by the Imm Office, as they might allow 60 days instead of 2 months for your application), which will give you sufficient time to get hold of any missing or incomplete documents, for the application.  

NOTE that I recently compiled a comprehensive Guideline for such a 1-year extension of stay application based on an original Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.

When you are interested in receiving that Guideline do send me a PM, as well as at WHICH Imm Office you will be applying for the 1-year extension (and the 1-year extension of stay requirements document from that Imm Office if you have that already).  

Cheers and success!

Many thanks for the tips. I've already got the requirements document, so am currently working through that.  I'll make another trip to the IO ahead of time as you suggest to validate our documents. And then pray it goes smoothly ????

I think I'll also make an appointment in HCMC as well just in case there's an issue, so I've got a back up plan. I can always cancel this if the application is accepted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Melpomene said:

Many thanks...

Just did it, one hour ago, make sure you have document ready and that applies for your wife as well , she need if she have change her last name change documents from Amphoe, Thai ID ,  Tabien ban everything copied and your bank letter and Ko Ror 22 needs be issued where I live at the same day as you apply at immigration. Good Luck...

16 hours ago, Melpomene said:

It's going to be pretty tight and annoyingly the two month seasoning date is a Saturday (25/11), so potentially the earliest I could apply is 27/11 which is the day before my permission to stay expires - is this cutting it too fine

Thought they required 14 days before VISA expires for an extension.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

You need to have a minimum of 2 months of bank statements and also a bank letter stating that the money is in the bank on the date you apply for visa…

in CM, if you don’t get to Immigration early in the morning, they move you to the next day…

Went to CM immigration today (Friday afternoon) for family extension.

Arrived a bit early at 12:45pm as I didn't have any of the application forms (extension form, warning form, acknowledge form, map form, all x2). Filled out the forms by 1pm when they opened after lunch, out with stamped passport (under consideration) by 2pm. Nobody in front of me at any stage, biggest wait was between them accepting the forms and taking my photo (about 10-15 mins).

Lady said they only had 1 family application this morning, and mine was the second for the day.

Your post confused me!

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

biggest wait was between them accepting the forms and taking my photo (about 10-15 mins).

Hopefully can sneak in question re CW in this thread...

Next Wednesday going to CW for annual extension .

Normally have everything.

Does anyone know if the print photocopy stall lower level does Photos for the TM7 form.

TIA..

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Went to CM immigration today (Friday afternoon) for family extension.

Arrived a bit early at 12:45pm as I didn't have any of the application forms (extension form, warning form, acknowledge form, map form, all x2). Filled out the forms by 1pm when they opened after lunch, out with stamped passport (under consideration) by 2pm. Nobody in front of me at any stage, biggest wait was between them accepting the forms and taking my photo (about 10-15 mins).

Lady said they only had 1 family application this morning, and mine was the second for the day.

Your post confused me!

I have been doing immigration for 23 years…my advice is do as much as one can in advance for photos, maps, family photos, proper ink, all the bank statement and bank book copies and bank letter dated on

you can brag about how unprepared you were and I never heard of anyone being so unprepared…I am surprised you had the proper color ink or did you have to borrow it?

most savvy people I know don’t follow the blind squirrel syndrome when dealing with immigration if the goal is to manage time spent in immigration…

Edited by Cardinalblue1958

7 minutes ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

you can brag about how unprepared you were and I never heard of anyone being so unprepared…

It was nonsense post that you quoted. 

My guess perhaps a 60 day extension to visit wife or something simple.

No mention of bank letter etc etc.

Disregard. 

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, Top33 said:

Two months or Three? I am confused now. 

Section 2.18. Clause 6.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf 

Yes, I fell for that idiotic post…to complete all the forms and the maps x 2 cannot be done in 15 minutes…and who would go in for a marriage visa w/o having PP photos done in advance was BS…actually, I don’t think they even do photos on site? And no mention of specific family photo requirements, specific color ink, Bank and letter statements etc…

They fill their allotted 25 daily slots every single business day and those who arrive later are moved to the following day at a specific time to arrive…

to say he was only the 2nd person that day to apply for a marriage visa would be awarded the winning Buffalo poop statement of the year 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Is it a secret document?

Why not post your comprehensive guideline for the benefit of all members.

1 minute ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

For the initial marriage visa extension (first time), it is 3 months….for year 2, 3, 4 and on, it is 2 months….

Wrong!
Read my above post quoting the financial requirement from Immigration Order 327-2557.

PS. You can't extend a visa, there is no 'Marriage' visa, and you extend your temporary permission of stay, which is a permit, not a visa.

5 minutes ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

For the initial marriage visa extension (first time), it is 3 months….for year 2, 3, 4 and on, it is 2 months….

For all extensions including first marriage and retirement it is 2 months prior to application.

There are couple of rogue immigration offices that may require 3 months 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

First extension application based on retirement is actually 60 days.

Not sure of forum rules....

Rather than post link to thread here is post from ubonjoe...

"It is 2 months before the date you apply for the extension now. The 60 days for the first extension no longer exists in the police order."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Is it a secret document?

Why not post your comprehensive guideline for the benefit of all members.

I wrote that Guideline for another AN member using the requirements documents of his specific Imm Office, and providing comprehensive comments on how to deal with each of those requirements.  

When the OP provides me with the requirements for his Pathum Thani office, I will customize the Guideline to address those requirements (since the detail requirements for every Imm Office differ). 

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I will customize the Guideline to address those requirements (since the detail requirements for every Imm Office differ). 

Spot on.

Thanks for you supporting requests.

When anyone posts a road map to whatever it ends up a trainwreck

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Just go early.  What have you got to lose.  And if there is a problem you can discuss exactly what the IO wants when you return on monday.  I always do my extension 45 days early....

+1...

I'm doing mine next week Wich is only 34 days early at CW.

Some folk think that they lose days if apply early.

Of course they do not. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1