'Big Joke' Absent From Duty Amid Online Gambling Case

webfact

Why are they still referring to him by his full name rank and his nickname"big Joke" over and over again? by now, every person in Thailand knows very well who is Police Lieutenant General Surachate and Big Joke, and that both names refer to the same person...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

2019 redux.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1094323-a-mysterious-fall-from-grace-the-rise-and-fall-of-big-joke-surachate-hakparn/

Back then I think he made visits to temples in India, maybe a vacation in the U.S.?

Back to the Lazarus Pit.

I predict he will make a comeback.

yep - a visit to my village Post Office yesterday saw the entire staff glued to the TV coverage of BJ at various Buddhist ceremonies. Did you know that visiting the temple is like getting a ''get out of jail free'' card?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Hopefully he didn't get around to submitting that memo on tightening up "too easy" retirement extensions.

And why shouldn't they toughen up, oop's I know - you're one of the dodgie ones. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

2019 redux.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1094323-a-mysterious-fall-from-grace-the-rise-and-fall-of-big-joke-surachate-hakparn/

Back then I think he made visits to temples in India, maybe a vacation in the U.S.?

Back to the Lazarus Pit.

And watch out all the <deleted> who started this....... 

44 minutes ago, paddypower said:

yep - a visit to my village Post Office yesterday saw the entire staff glued to the TV coverage of BJ at various Buddhist ceremonies. Did you know that visiting the temple is like getting a ''get out of jail free'' card?

And when they are, very naughty boys , they stay inside temple for months.

hiding. 

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

2019 redux.

Back to the Lazarus Pit.

Any comeback depends on whether some very, very influential people higher up the pyramid either want or are prepared to tolerate him back.

If he is clean then I doubt that he will have many friends.

If he was running a numbers racket, then whoever has taken over the operation will not want him back.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why are they still referring to him by his full name rank and his nickname"big Joke" over and over again? by now, every person in Thailand knows very well who is Police Lieutenant General Surachate and Big Joke, and that both names refer to the same person...

There are 2 main reasons for that:

1. New people read the news everyday.

2. It´s a part of good journalism.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a possibility: When Indonesia revamped it's immigration law it specified the rent paid/property value the applicant must live in and also the number of people you must employ amongst other requirements. Malaysia has specified it only wants people who will make a significant contribution to Malaysia.

SO: All you wishing for tighter requirements to keep out the people you see as riff raff might end up having to build a new house/move condo and explain to the IO just what your contribution to Thailand is at extension time. You can explain how the Thai economy will implode if you withhold your golf club dues like you do on AN, but they might be cynical or looking for something more than that.

Edited by mokwit
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1