'Big Joke' Absent From Duty Amid Online Gambling Case

webfact

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why are they still referring to him by his full name rank and his nickname"big Joke" over and over again? by now, every person in Thailand knows very well who is Police Lieutenant General Surachate and Big Joke, and that both names refer to the same person...

Local reporters get paid by the word. Every repeat is more money if it isn't edited. Algorithms can't tell it is the same sentence written again with different words. Isn't AI wonderful.

10 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Hang on Mokwit, in another thread you were complaining that Big Joke made it so difficult for retirees, that retirees had to use an agent or were punished for it.

Now you're telling us that you do actually do them yourself?

I never said I used an agent, I said he punished those of us who weren't using an agent [ostensibly to crack down on the agent business, which continued regardless].

This is what I wrote: 'He introduced the requirement to keep 400k year 'round for retirement extension, changing the deal on retirement extension holders and punishing every retiree who WASN'T using an agent and seemingly forcing some to leave'.

Please explain to AN how I am 'complaining that Big Joke made it so difficult for retirees, that retirees had to use an agent or were punished for it'.

AGAIN, READ THE POST BEFORE COMMENTING.

His measures taken at face value were an utter failure, penalising those who did the extension themselves while leaving the agent route unaffected. AN UTTER FAILURE of the stated intention.

I had let things drop but now you have started it again.

Edited by mokwit

21 hours ago, paddypower said:

yep - a visit to my village Post Office yesterday saw the entire staff glued to the TV coverage of BJ at various Buddhist ceremonies. Did you know that visiting the temple is like getting a ''get out of jail free'' card?

Yes, it has been that way for years, usually getting a head shave and saffron robe for a month can be a shield for some quite serious crimes. It comes across as laughable to many a Western mindset, but works with the locals. It's a bit like the hero worship of mobster types, they are responsible for brutal and cruel  murders, but hey, they love and take care of their mothers!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

I never said I used an agent, I said he punished those of us who weren't using an agent [ostensibly to crack down on the agent business, which continued regardless].

This is what I wrote: 'He introduced the requirement to keep 400k year 'round for retirement extension, changing the deal on retirement extension holders and punishing every retiree who WASN'T using an agent and seemingly forcing some to leave'.

Please explain to AN how I am 'complaining that Big Joke made it so difficult for retirees, that retirees had to use an agent or were punished for it'.

AGAIN, READ THE POST BEFORE COMMENTING.

His measures taken at face value were an utter failure, penalising those who did the extension themselves while leaving the agent route unaffected. AN UTTER FAILURE of the stated intention.

I had let things drop but now you have started it again.

Come on Mokwit, I'm sure your a reasonable person. Have a cup of tea, and think about what you wrote. How on earth were you not complaining?

Now you claim that you can easily meet all of the requirements and do your extensions by yourself - without the aid of an agent. So are you being punished for not using an agent or not?

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Come on Mokwit, I'm sure your a reasonable person. Have a cup of tea, and think about what you wrote. How on earth were you not complaining?

Now you claim that you can easily meet all of the requirements and do your extensions by yourself - without the aid of an agent. So are you being punished for not using an agent or not?

Absolutely I am complaining. I am being punished for the fact that IO's sign off on agent applications without being involved in that

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

I am not complaining that retirees had to use an agent or were 'punished for it' ( you are very unclear about who is punished for what). I am talking about being punished for the wrongdoing of others not being punished for using an agent as your writing infers as best I can understand it. NOBODY got punished for using an agent, THAT IS THE POINT, it was those who made legitimate applications who were punished.

What does this mean? 'So are you being punished for not using an agent or not?'

I don't really see what point you are making but:

I am complaining about having to keep 400k year-around in my account supposedly to thwart agent usage yet they did NOTHING about the other side of the equation. Instead of a collective punishment on those who don't use an agent they should have gone after the "corrupt" IO's that facilitate the agents, but they didn't.

I am also complaining about making TM30 a requirement for an extension when it is up to a third party to file the TM30. Hassle aside, it makes us dependent on a third party for extension renewal. they should go after the non filing landlord, not refuse an extension and ush the brealing of the law by a third party onto us.

I think you are trying to be a bit too clever here, and seem to have problems both with English comprehension and writing unambiguously/clearly, but I have clarified/answered despite the fact that you seem to have problems admitting when you are WRONG (you couldn't really wriggle on the 400k retirement error that you made so you came clean on that).

Bye. I really don't want to continue with this as you seem to have a self deceptive personality which will not acknowledge that you are not making valid points/acknowledging when you are wrong.

Edited by mokwit

50 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Absolutely I am complaining. I am being punished for the fact that IO's sign off on agent applications without being involved in that

I am not complaining that retirees had to use an agent or were 'punished for it' ( you are very unclear about who is punished for what). I am talking about being punished for the wrongdoing of others not being punished for using an agent as your writing infers as best I can understand it. NOBODY got punished for using an agent, THAT IS THE POINT, it was those who made legitimate applications who were punished.

What does this mean? 'So are you being punished for not using an agent or not?'

I don't really see what point you are making but:

I am complaining about having to keep 400k year-around in my account supposedly to thwart agent usage yet they did NOTHING about the other side of the equation. Instead of a collective punishment on those who don't use an agent they should have gone after the "corrupt" IO's that facilitate the agents, but they didn't.

I am also complaining about making TM30 a requirement for an extension when it is up to a third party to file the TM30. Hassle aside, it makes us dependent on a third party for extension renewal. they should go after the non filing landlord, not refuse an extension and ush the brealing of the law by a third party onto us.

I think you are trying to be a bit too clever here, and seem to have problems both with English comprehension and writing unambiguously/clearly, but I have clarified/answered despite the fact that you seem to have problems admitting when you are WRONG (you couldn't really wriggle on the 400k retirement error that you made so you came clean on that).

Bye. I really don't want to continue with this as you seem to have a self deceptive personality which will not acknowledge that you are not making valid points/acknowledging when you are wrong.

You really need to think about what you just said.

1st post: No, I'm not complaining.  2nd post: Absolutely I'm complaining.

So what does this mean "being punished" - You tell me, you are the one who said this! Do I have to clarify your own points to you?

It seems like your arguing with yourself, whilst at the same time, denigrating my 'English skills' without pointing out any errors. Deflection is always best when one has been caught out lying, eh? 

How is it possible for one to admit they are wrong, whilst at the same time, never acknowledging that they are wrong? Did you read what you wrote? 

I think it's best to end it here.

• Sad 1