Russian man drowns at Phuket beach

snoop1130

383840305_613714780970556_9099698078464255901_n.jpg

A Russian man has become the latest victim of the island’s rip currents prevalent at this time of year. The Phuket News reports that the 34 year old tourist drowned at Bang Tao Beach yesterday. It’s understood he arrived on the island last Saturday, September 23. His name is being withheld until next-of-kin have been informed.

According to the report, the man was one of 3 people caught in a strong rip current about 200 metres from shore. Lifeguards dispatched a jet-ski and were able to rescue two of the swimmers, but the Russian man was already face down and unconscious in the water.

Lifeguards rushed him to shore and administered CPR but failed to revive him. He was then transferred to Thalang Hospital, with CPR efforts continuing en route. However, the man was formally pronounced dead shortly after.

By Peter Roche

Caption: PHOTO: Facebook/ศูนย์ข้อมูลภูเก็ต Phuket Info Center

Full story: Phuket GO 2023-09-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

I'd sy RIP but I reserve my empathy for non-dumbazz accidental deaths.

Your nasty comment is nasty and grammatically wrong. Empathy is a feeling for someone who is suffering something that you have experienced.

Please tell when you died from drowning.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Your nasty comment is nasty and grammatically wrong. Empathy is a feeling for someone who is suffering something that you have experienced.

Please tell when you died from drowning.

Whilst I understand your displeasure at the comment to which you were responding, you are wrong with your explanation of Empathy.

Empathy is the cognitive and emotional reactions of any individual to the observed experiences of another. You do not need to have experienced any particular event yourself in order to have empathy for someone that has.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Whilst I understand your displeasure at the comment to which you were responding, you are wrong with your explanation of Empathy.

Empathy is the cognitive and emotional reactions of any individual to the observed experiences of another. You do not need to have experienced any particular event yourself in order to have empathy for someone that has.

The easier explanation is that 'said poster' (who made toxic comment) is just a natural born grade A1 ayhole !!!

Edited by richard_smith237