First impressions of Bangkok

DfD057

On 9/30/2023 at 10:11 AM, DfD057 said:

Hi everyone, 

We recently made a video showing our first impressions of Bangkok. 

We'd love for you to have a watch and let us know what you think ????

I would love to watch.. But you need to send PM and give details about how much money you will send me for adding to your views for the vdo... Why has this post not been sent to spam? 

I didn't watch the video, but i do not like big cities. Too crowded, too polluted and often more expensive. I was brought up in outer suburbia and then lived in small towns, villages and work camps for the next 45 years. And i can count the number of nights i have spent in Bangkok in the past 13 years on my hands - usually because my kids visited and wanted to look around it. Only value to me is the international airport - and leave it ASAP - even if it means taking a night bus.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

They had noodles.

Have not seen a newbie video in awhile. At least no food poisoning! The guesthouse must have been grungy and cheap. I wonder if they did it? Time to move on to college, career & family, and fond memories of "doing bangkok".

Edited by JimTripper

On 10/5/2023 at 7:16 PM, rickudon said:

I didn't watch the video, but i do not like big cities. Too crowded, too polluted and often more expensive. I was brought up in outer suburbia and then lived in small towns, villages and work camps for the next 45 years. And i can count the number of nights i have spent in Bangkok in the past 13 years on my hands - usually because my kids visited and wanted to look around it. Only value to me is the international airport - and leave it ASAP - even if it means taking a night bus.

Bangkok has suburbs too. It's quite nice where I am - there are lots of Klongs if you want a walk and it's not too built up (yet). I think it's a good balance of having everything that Bangkok has to offer, whilst not being stuck in the thick of it in terms of traffic/pollution. 

This is the 2 kids out with me for a walk - during COVID - hence the masks.

93762490_10158320181717456_2965346279875411968_n.jpg.d01135129a30db3358c5215b0f460d8d.jpg

• Confused 1