Thai universities shine in Times Higher Education World Rankings 2024

webfact

21 minutes ago, Jelli said:

MUIC is not highly prestigious nor especially competitive. Chula for Intl programs.

Only had one student and thousands that was interested in going there and it was because they offered a remedial program

I was speaking to the poster Celcius who was saying how expensive Mahidol is. I made no comment at all about its ranking or scholastic virtues. 

8 minutes ago, marin said:

I was speaking to the poster Celcius who was saying how expensive Mahidol is. I made no comment at all about its ranking or scholastic virtues. 

Fair enough

It is definitely one of the top three generally speaking and the medical programs are highly competitive.

Int'l programs are generally thought of as weaker because they have lots of foreign teachers

59 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

This is the only information available to the reporter or anyone else. Only the first 200 get individual ranks. The next 200 get ranked in a block of 50, the next 200 in a block of 100 and so on. 

Yes, sure, but the table is in rank order.  A reporter should be able to count...

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking

Or, I dunno............maybe ask the school what their rating was.

40 minutes ago, Jelli said:

MUIC is not highly prestigious nor especially competitive. Chula for Intl programs.

Only had one student and thousands that was interested in going there and it was because they offered a remedial program

Essentially, yeah.

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I went to:

John Dolland Elementary K-4

Ramona Elementary 5-6 (due to integration) 

John Glenn HS

Cerritos Collage AA

Cal Poly Pomona, BS

You? 

Broadoak Infants up to 7 years of age, Smallshaw Juniors up to 11, Ashton - under - Lyne Grammar 11 to 18, Sheffield University 18 to 21 Then LIFE 18 to 75.!

Is that OK?

Edited by KannikaP

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Broadoak Infants, Smallshaw Juniors, Ashton - under - Lyne Grammar, Sheffield University. Then LIFE!

Is that OK?

Indeed.

In retrospect, I should have noted the twenty years of LIFE between high school and college....

• Sad 1