One Year On

JAS21

45 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

In total about 160,000Baht.

46 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Previously our monthly electric bills ranged from 1600Baht to 3500baht…now its 200-350Baht.

3500 - 200 = 3200 per month, 38400 per year.

160000 / 38400 = 4.16 years - under best conditions.

What is the life expectancy of that system? 

Solar tech equipment can be a lifesaver in Thailand with big savings.

But it is vital to get it set up by a highly qualified technician in order to avoid fires and other issues. And that is usually the hassle as where to find somebody reliable. A badly installed setup can end up in catching fire.

Hard to make a choice with the the publicity crap social media with each installer claiming to be the best with the best gear.

Best option is to check with people in real life who have positive experiences, such as neighbours etc.

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

That's not how I read it. Maybe the OP meant "the most efficient units in the Daikin range".

I believe that Daikin is a good brand and maybe the OP thinks the same?

I know @JAS21 did a LOT of research before going for those Daikin units, I think he's found the best bang-per-buck on domestic A/C.

• Like 1

We settled on Daikin FTKM18SV2S units for our bedroom and the downstairs L-Shaped living room. Quite expensive but they advertised what I thought was a good SEER and as we intended to run them a lot considered that to be quite important.

As it turned out we are running air con almost continually. They do wind down a lot and then use very little electric. It’s more than likely that other brands will perform basically the same of course.

For the L-shaped room we did consider a central unit but in the end decided against due to supporting problems and the fact that it had a much lower SEER.

We have found that less electric is used if we run both air con units togeher, rather than just one. And the one situated near the ‘L’ set half a degree below the other.

Below is some Daikin information. Also electrical usage earlier this morning … set at 25C. The bedroom is about 6M*5M with an attached bathroom which has a slotted door. Also running a fridge/freezer and one fan in another room and of course the inverter.

1731609412_DaikinSpec.JPG.f0439faabbc5d951ac4012727c7e6587.JPG

1891474169_DaikinTemp.JPG.d659f938973a98df8d0dfe199ca7a581.JPG

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 2