What does this road sign mean?

Seppius

41 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Seppius, I have the Thailand drivers study guide with sample test questions. I'm not going to lie you might want to check it out. 

Passed my 50 questions a long time ago, had a full Thai licence since 2012, you won't find that sign in the book

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Some people should stay off the road if they don't understand basic traffic rules or sign.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the arrows indicate the traffic direction in that particular lane, and the stop sign means that you need to stop, and see if traffic is clear, before you enter the road in front.

There is only one lane. It's the bottom of Pratuman soi 5, Pattaya if you want to go and look, and there have been several accidents there, because drivers from all 4 directions very rarely stop

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Anyone who doesn't understand that shouldn't be driving at all.

So if you know the answer, why not stop being a smart a** and answer the question?  Because he is wrong

I know the reason for the arrows now, let's see if you do.

No one replying has answered it properly. Why the arrows are at a stop sign?

12 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

it says cross at your OWN risk.....

Is this not always the case ? Or did you want to say that the stop sign may be disregarded at will and is rather a proposition than a fixed rule ? (I have to bite my tongue to not elaborate further, but I guess everyone knows what I mean).

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, BenStark said:

Some people should stay off the road if they don't understand basic traffic rules or sign.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the arrows indicate the traffic direction in that particular lane, and the stop sign means that you need to stop, and see if traffic is clear, before you enter the road in front.

Sorry, you are only half right traffic genius