What does this road sign mean?

Seppius

21 hours ago, Seppius said:

Two busy roads meet at a junction, I know it is a stop sign, but what do the arrows mean? I looked at all the sites with Thai road sign, but these are not there

20230930_173517.jpg

20230930_173440.jpg

STOP (หยุด)

Edited by daejung

Well since a stop sign is there.  With an arrow pointing straight and right.  I would think it means in that lane you have to stop.  Then you can go straight or turn right.  Nothing unusual about it.  

On 10/2/2023 at 7:45 AM, isaanistical said:

Yes, it's all surprisingly subjective. I gave up driving in BKK some time ago but I do recall getting a ticket for turning right from a "no right-turn" lane and, a week later, getting a ticket from a different BIB for NOT turning right from the same lane (Sathorn area).

Arrows? They can't even see the Indians here..............

Simple. Intersection stop line is there. Stop sign on roads when go, arrows are the only available options for that lane. 

7 hours ago, Dickie Dee said:

Simple. Intersection stop line is there. Stop sign on roads when go, arrows are the only available options for that lane. 

Thanks for this, I had no idea.

Tell you what. You stand at the junction off Sathorn, and every time Plod comes out of his box, you explain it to him.

On 10/3/2023 at 3:18 PM, Seppius said:

Let's have the answer then, what are the arrows for?

It has already been quoted they are lane markers to show straight on, left turn and right turn same as most other places in the world.