HbA1C Tests for Diabetes

connda

21 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Any diabetic should know the fruits don't necessarily have to be dried. Here's a list for you of frutis to avoid:

Some examples of high-GI fruits (and their GI scores) include:

Mango (60)

Banana, ripe (62)

Dried cranberries (64)

Pineapple (66)

Raisins (66)

Watermelon (76)

--https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/diabetes/best-and-worst-fruit-for-diabetics

You're welcome.

Yep, green veggies have always been included in low carb. Here's a chart for you to increase your awareness of what "whole foods" are more likely to cause spikes. One advantage of low carb is that you start eating less, because you aren't hungry from insulin drops. Large bowls of rice and all the other starches are no longer desired, or sweet fruits.

image.png.21d8e83a7b13025ac570d07c69c9d899.png

Thank you for the information but I already understand the basics as do all diabetics that care about eating well that i have met. Although I have one friend that is very smart and has a medical background taht eats a lot of whatever he wants and has diabetes - he simply loves food and is willing to risk his help.

If you eat a whole food plant based diet you can eat whole fruit without any problem at all usually just use commonsense. I can tell you this both from experience and from what I have read. Have you had a different experience?

Edited by TravelerEastWest

3 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Whole foods has been around for thousands of years not just recently...

We're talking about dieting according to a diet plan, however. The whole foods diet described in John Mackay’s book The Whole Foods Diet: The Lifesaving Plan for Health and Longevity (2020) is a low fat, plant-based diet in which 90% or more of calories come from plants. Formal diet plans based using the phrase “whole foods diet” seem, at a glance, no older than about 5 years. At a glance; our historians may correct this impression.

Low carb as a formal diet plan has in any case a far longer history than the formal whole foods diet plan. In fact, if there’s a fad diet here, whole foods is far more qualified to fit the description. Yet no one DARES call whole foods a fad diet. Why’s that? ;)

8 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

If you eat low carb but high fat you will get fat.

Always possible of course, but less likely than just eating the high carb SAD (Standard American Diet). Anyway, low carb diets tend to emphasize protein and add in fat as well. And low carb dieting does work well. You don't seem to know what it is yet. But ignorance never deters an ANF Forum Poster.

14 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Veganism does not have anything against low carbs not any of the vegans that I know and I am a vegan.

Rabid vegans don't like the idea of eating animals. Low carb can of course be vegan. In fact, so can keto. Those facts aren't widely known.

13 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

If you eat a whole food plant based diet you can eat whole fruit without any problem at all usually just use commonsense. I can tell you this both from experience and from what I have read. Have you had a different experience?

I think we're just wasting our time here, and it's time to stop doing so. I said long ago that whatever works for you is fine with me, now didn't I? I've corrected a sufficient number of your false statements, so be happy with the attention and let's give other posters a chance as well. @scubascuba3's not done yet. :)

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I think we're just wasting our time here, and it's time to stop doing so. I said long ago that whatever works for you is fine with me, now didn't I? I've corrected a sufficient number of your false statements, so be happy with the attention and let's give other posters a chance as well. @scubascuba3's not done yet. :)

You are very certain of yourself and have not corrected any false statements that I have made as my statements as based on real life and science  not personal assumptions... But you are clearly enjoying yourself and your beliefs which is OK and maybe good?

Good luck to you on your path of good health.

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

We're talking about dieting according to a diet plan, however. The whole foods diet described in John Mackay’s book The Whole Foods Diet: The Lifesaving Plan for Health and Longevity (2020) is a low fat, plant-based diet in which 90% or more of calories come from plants. Formal diet plans based using the phrase “whole foods diet” seem, at a glance, no older than about 5 years. At a glance; our historians may correct this impression.

Low carb as a formal diet plan has in any case a far longer history than the formal whole foods diet plan. In fact, if there’s a fad diet here, whole foods is far more qualified to fit the description. Yet no one DARES call whole foods a fad diet. Why’s that? ;)

Always possible of course, but less likely than just eating the high carb SAD (Standard American Diet). Anyway, low carb diets tend to emphasize protein and add in fat as well. And low carb dieting does work well. You don't seem to know what it is yet. But ignorance never deters an ANF Forum Poster.

Rabid vegans don't like the idea of eating animals. Low carb can of course be vegan. In fact, so can keto. Those facts aren't widely known.

You are talking about diet plans perhaps but not myself I am talking about a healthy lifestyle diets typically are difficult maintain not always but often

Whole foods are not a fad diet becasue they have been around for thousands of years and you know that...

SAD is not healthy and I think we both agree so why bring it up?

Very widely known that being vegan can be low carb at least all the vegans that I know know this and I grew up in California so know many.

When you say "Rabid vegans" you are insulting and rude and most likely no-one will listen to you but maybe you are OK with that? Keto by definition is low carb very low carb.

You certainly have your mind made up so no use trying to help you - Good luck!

23 minutes ago, BigStar said:

just eating the high carb SAD (Standard American Diet)

i know you are carb phobic but also try to ignore the impact of fat in the diet, so I'll be more honest than you and show what the standard American diet really is i.e. not simply high carbs

Screenshot_2023-11-30-16-03-15-492_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i know you are carb phobic but also try to ignore the impact of fat in the diet, so I'll be more honest than you and show what the standard American diet really is i.e. not simply high carbs

But I didn't say that it is "simply" high carb, so a straw man argument. It IS high carb.

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that carbohydrates make up 45% to 65% of total daily calories.

--https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/carbohydrates/art-20045705

But

This review defines low-carbo diets as follows:

1. Very low-carbohydrate (<10% carbohydrates) or 20 to 50 g/d
  2. Low-carbohydrate (<26% carbohydrates) or less than 130 g/d
  3. Moderate-carbohydrate (26%-44%)
  4. High-carbohydrate (45% or greater)

--https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537084/

So, as I said, it's high carb by definition.

And when high carb was officially endorsed, the obesity epidemic began.

image.png.be19ccfa4f71981a0463f04bf07d6463.png

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/dietary-guidelines-from-the-usda/the-usdas-pyramid-scheme/