Online TM.47 rejected - what to do?

Just received an email: "Your application for 'STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS' has been rejected.

Please update TM.30"*

*Remark: I had a rental contract that officially ended. My landlord refuses to do a 30-day report. I did it last time in person, but was fined 800 baht!

Edited by BritTim
Updated thread titile to clarify that this referred to the TM47 (90-day reporting) process
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Move.

Also remember to always make it clear with any landlord that you require a TM30 prior to moving in.

The strange thing is, after doing a 30-day report in person, then a TM.47, I did a new 90-day report in person three months later, while still living at the same address, but it was rejected.

Is this a Chaengwattana scam to charge people 800 baht?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Do another TM47 in person, explaining you are still at same address.   It should be accepted automatically as Immi have wiped all old records and instigated a new online system.  Tell them the landlord will not comply and they should come down hard on him.

The email said: "Please update TM.30". -

I tried this last time. They didn't care about the landlord not filing. Instead I had to fill out a form as 'possessor', even though I had already done it online. Then they charged me 800 baht!

15 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The email said: "Please update TM.30". -

I tried this last time. They didn't care about the landlord not filing. Instead I had to fill out a form as 'possessor', even though I had already done it online. Then they charged me 800 baht!

Sorry, my mistake, I meant to say TM30.

Then do your 90 day report.

50 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

After many successful online TM47 my last 2 were rejected and I had to go in person to CW.

They did not ask me for my TM30.

I provided lease.

Not clear on how to advise to avoid another 800b fine.

However seems that CW accepted your TM30 albeit with a fine.

Thinking if you go in person they will have that information and accept your TM47.

Note that appointments work a treat at CW.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Sorry, my mistake, I meant to say TM30.

Then do your 90 day report.

If I go there in person, they...

1. won't accept my 90-day report until I haven't done a new 30-day report.

2. Fine me for "reporting late", even though it isn't my responsibility.

Remark: If my lease continues after an initial limited contract period, do I have to file a new 30-day report??

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Move to Vietnam, you don't get this ridiculous nonsense.

Do you wish to contribute in positive fashion.

The multi entry 90 day visa option to Vietnam has only recently been added to eVisa options for Vietnam.

The OP is asking about Thailand.

You have no idea of OP situation.

Your post is completely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

If I go there in person, they...

1. won't accept my 90-day report until I haven't done a new 30-day report.

2. Fine me for "reporting late", even though it isn't my responsibility.

Remark: If my lease continues after an initial limited contract period, do I have to file a new 30-day report??

You keep saying 30-day report. There is no "30-day report".

A TM-30 is a "Notification of Residence" and should be done within 24 hours of moving to a new place. It is also required if you leave the country and re-entry under a new visa or visa waiver.

When you got fined the 800 baht you should have received a "Notification of Residence". Look at the paper work that they gave you after you paid the fine. If you have not left the country or moved since this fine that paper work should be a valid TM-30.

Just take the papers you received before and go to immigration to file the 90-day report. You should not be fined again. I would take a copy of your valid lease and a copy of the landlords ID with you as well and of course your passport.  Also the form for the 90 day report is a TM-47 not 48 which you have the title of the thread.

If you go 7 days past the 90 day date I think the fine is 2000 baht.

Good luck at immigration.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, biervoormij said:

You keep saying 30-day report. There is no "30-day report".

A TM-30 is a "Notification of Residence" and should be done within 24 hours of moving to a new place. It is also required if you leave the country and re-entry under a new visa or visa waiver.

When you got fined the 800 baht you should have received a "Notification of Residence". Look at the paper work that they gave you after you paid the fine. If you have not left the country or moved since this fine that paper work should be a valid TM-30.

Just take the papers you received before and go to immigration to file the 90-day report. You should not be fined again. I would take a copy of your valid lease and a copy of the landlords ID with you as well and of course your passport.  Also the form for the 90 day report is a TM-47 not 48 which you have the title of the thread.

If you go 7 days past the 90 day date I think the fine is 2000 baht.

Good luck at immigration.

Thank you.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Move.

Also remember to always make it clear with any landlord that you require a TM30 prior to moving in.

Forewarned is forearmed.  Write it as an addendum to your contract and get your landlord's signature indicating that failure of the landlord filing a TM.30 is a breach of contract.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

However seems that CW accepted your TM30 albeit with a fine.

That's basically it.  Go to immigration, fill out your own TM.30, pay the fine, and Bob's Your Uncle as long as you don't leave Thailand.

23 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

If you have a valid TM-30 based on a 1 year lease and then extend that lease for another year, is a new TM-30 required given that you have the same address? 

No.

With respect to the original post, I wonder if the OP stayed at a hotel which may have filed a TM30 for him.  If that happens occasionally (not always) here in Chiangmai, one's online TM47 reports thereafter get rejected until one updates their TM30 filing.

19 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just received an email: "Your application for 'STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS' has been rejected.

Please update TM.30"*

If the TM30 and TM47 databases weren't linked before, they are now.

17 hours ago, retarius said:

Move to Vietnam, you don't get this ridiculous nonsense.

what a stupid post, unhelpful, not anything to do with the thread, so just a troll.

with the difference regarding form tm30 from one office to another its confusing , the whole tm30/tm47 is just so outdated 

There was a recent post on AN (that I cannot find now) from a member that copied an email he had received from Immigration.

They have recently (15 Sept from memory) released a NEW version of the online TM30 and the stated that we ALL have to lodge a NEW TM30 in the new system.

I doubt that lodging one now would incur another fine.

Here is a "Google Translate" portion of a post on the Khon Kaen Immigration website:

Public relations for new accommodation notification systems

Operators must register again as follows

To start using this new channel From 15 September 2023 onwards, with the original user Must re-register

- New accommodation system of St.m.

To replace the problem with the original accommodation system

Publicize the host in the email system

- Every host must apply again

(Cancel all original user names)

The system will automatically approve. By staff.

Do not need to proceed with approval

Change to a new channel https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login

Download Instruction Manual for Homeowners / Establishments for Informing Accommodation in New Systems:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jPTDmtyaXbBewXZS9k20yIjJ40NYHz-h/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I came back from Europe in July 12th and did an online report within the time frame. I have a valid visa. I have not changed my address. I did the same last year coming back from Europe, from Korea and from Japan. But this time I got the rejection and the request tot report at the immigration. So I went to CW where the lady said that after re-entering the country you need to do a personal report the first time and after that it can be online again. This is totally new for me. Next time by the way I will do online again and just see what happens. They really love to make our live not easy.

In my case it had nothing to do with TM 30, it was not even mentioned.

Edited by Dirk Z
Adding a sentence.

11 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

There was a recent post on AN (that I cannot find now) from a member that copied an email he had received from Immigration.

I actually registered there myself. Then, at Chaengwattana, it was thrown out, however, and I was told that I cannot register there as a tenant. Strangely enough, I was asked to register on a paper form as the 'house owner'! That's why I wondered whether this is some kind of 'scam' to rip off tenants and tourists whose landlord or hotel didn't do the TM.30...

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I actually registered there myself. Then, at Chaengwattana, it was thrown out, however, and I was told that I cannot register there as a tenant. Strangely enough, I was asked to register on a paper form as the 'house owner'! That's why I wondered whether this is some kind of 'scam' to rip off tenants and tourists whose landlord or hotel didn't do the TM.30...

An alternative explanation is that they allowed you to files as "possessor" and thus file a TM30 which your Landlord wouldn't and which you now cannot many things without.

20 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The strange thing is, after doing a 30-day report in person, then a TM.47, I did a new 90-day report in person three months later, while still living at the same address, but it was rejected.

Not surprised. I always loathed any and all dealings with CW. Always "baditude, unhelpful, unfriendly, throwing curve balls and making things unnecessarily more difficult. They are incapable of processing online 90-day Reports. Jomtien gets online 90s done same day, every time. Been in Jomtien 4 years now and everything here is easy-breezy. Love BKK but glad to be away from CW. 

22 hours ago, McTavish said:

Do another TM30 in person, explaining you are still at same address.   It should be accepted automatically as Immi have wiped all old records and instigated a new online system.  Tell them the landlord will not comply and they should come down hard on him.

It’s. It the landlords job to do TM30. How is a landlord supposed to k own when a foreigner comes and goes from the apartment overnight ?  

Tenant is the possessor if they have a lease. 

4 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

Every host must apply again

Most of us took this to mean that everyone had to register on the new system, and file newly required TM30s on that new system.

I have not seen anything about having to re-file existing (filed on the old system) TM30s with the new system?