Online TM.47 rejected - what to do?

27 minutes ago, teutonian said:

It’s. It the landlords job to do TM30.

In theory, yes.  It is also the landlord who should be fined for not doing so, however, Immigration make it YOUR responsibility b4 they will accept a 90 day report, extension or even Re-entry permit.  At least for now.

Due to the changes, I/O's should accept a tenant like the OP doing an in-person update.  Or at least ensure his landlord conforms.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Write it as an addendum to your contract and get your landlord's signature indicating that failure of the landlord filing a TM.30 is a breach of contract.

And do what if he doesn't? Moving out, forfeiting my safety deposit? - I already told Immigration about the landlord's failure to file a TM.30. They didn't care but instead fined me!

9 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Due to the changes, I/O's should accept a tenant like the OP doing an in-person update. 

They do. But if you don't do it the same day you move in, they'll fine you. Also, how do I know every time that I stay at a hotel that they actually file a TM.30?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 hours ago, connda said:

That's basically it.  Go to immigration, fill out your own TM.30, pay the fine, and Bob's Your Uncle as long as you don't leave Thailand.

4x 800 baht = 3,200 baht (not incl. transportation, and not to mention the time spent). Better to wait till the next visa extension and pay 2,000 baht?

4 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I came back from Europe in July 12th and did an online report within the time frame. I have a valid visa. I have not changed my address. I did the same last year coming back from Europe, from Korea and from Japan. But this time I got the rejection and the request tot report at the immigration. So I went to CW where the lady said that after re-entering the country you need to do a personal report the first time and after that it can be online again. This is totally new for me. Next time by the way I will do online again and just see what happens. They really love to make our live not easy.

In my case it had nothing to do with TM 30, it was not even mentioned.

I just did mine online at Jomtien after a return from abroad.  No issues. I guess that consistency is not a thing here 

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The email said: "Please update TM.30". -

I tried this last time. They didn't care about the landlord not filing. Instead I had to fill out a form as 'possessor', even though I had already done it online. Then they charged me 800 baht!

Did they assist you in filling the tm30 in?

Before signing a rental contract, it is advised to obtain the Thai ID or passport copy of the registered owner, copy of their current thai house book and copy of the house book for the unit/house you are renting and a copy of the land title. I would never hand over a deposit let alone sign a rental contract without having copies of all the above. 

20 hours ago, biervoormij said:

You keep saying 30-day report. There is no "30-day report".

A TM-30 is a "Notification of Residence" and should be done within 24 hours of moving to a new place. It is also required if you leave the country and re-entry under a new visa or visa waiver.

When you got fined the 800 baht you should have received a "Notification of Residence". Look at the paper work that they gave you after you paid the fine. If you have not left the country or moved since this fine that paper work should be a valid TM-30.

Just take the papers you received before and go to immigration to file the 90-day report. You should not be fined again. I would take a copy of your valid lease and a copy of the landlords ID with you as well and of course your passport.  Also the form for the 90 day report is a TM-47 not 48 which you have the title of the thread.

If you go 7 days past the 90 day date I think the fine is 2000 baht.

Good luck at immigration.

This is good information. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't a TM-30 also required upon returning home if you give your passport to a hotel in Thailand while traveling?

I wonder if the OP has been doing any traveling within Thailand?

7 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

If you have a valid TM-30 based on a 1 year lease and then extend that lease for another year, is a new TM-30 required given that you have the same address? 

I didn't have to last July in Chiang Rai. Just the TM-7, lease, landlords id & tabien ban, bank book and statement ect.

32 minutes ago, Iamloki said:

This is good information. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't a TM-30 also required upon returning home if you give your passport to a hotel in Thailand while traveling?

I wonder if the OP has been doing any traveling within Thailand?

No.

Read my earlier post. 

Personally I'm on continuous stay from 10 year back.

Exit reenter Thailand with a reentry permit.

No new TM30 is required for inter province stays and trips abroad.

For tourists they have no need of a TM30 UNLESS they intend to attend immigration.

Example a 30 day extension to tourist visa or visa exempt entry. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Read my earlier post. 

Personally I'm on continuous stay from 10 year back.

Exit reenter Thailand with a reentry permit.

No new TM30 is required for inter province stays and trips abroad.

For tourists they have no need of a TM30 UNLESS they intend to attend immigration.

Example a 30 day extension to tourist visa or visa exempt entry. 

DrJack, 

I know this thread is about Bangkok but is it still the case that the one exception to this is Chiang Mai? I had read in the past that if your home was in Chiang Mai and you traveled within Thailand that Chiang Mai immigration wanted a new TM-30 on returning home.

Thanks as always.

7 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

DrJack, 

I know this thread is about Bangkok but is it still the case that the one exception to this is Chiang Mai? I had read in the past that if your home was in Chiang Mai and you traveled within Thailand that Chiang Mai immigration wanted a new TM-30 on returning home.

Thanks as always.

You are correct. 

CM is an outliner. Don't know why.

Vaguely recall threads about this and another immigration office was doing same. 

Don't understand why.

There are ~ 75 immigration offices and as always couple of weird offices 

It's sad that many posts in various from "experts" state....

"As always need to check with your particular immigration office"

????

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I just did mine online at Jomtien after a return from abroad.  No issues. I guess that consistency is not a thing here 

To their credit I have to say that I found this on a website (https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/guide-to-thai-immigration-90-day-reporting):

Before you actually use your mobile phone or computer to do the online reporting, there are few things you need to do first:

• This reporting has to be the SECOND 90-day reporting or later on your current visa or visa extension of stay. This is important. You have to report in person or by mail on your current visa or visa extension once in the past before you can do an online report. If you have not done so, please report in person or by mail this time.

It just shows that as you said their is no consistency and they do not always follow their own rules. But actually, that is not a surprise.