Overcharged At Tuskers Bar In Chaing Mai

tracyann

The other night I went into Tuskers Bar in Chaing Mai, since they were having the BBQ at that location on the 18th of August. I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. After finished my drink I asked for the bill. I was schocked when I got the bill, because it was 200 baht. That is $6.53 in U.S., or :o 4.73 Euros. To the best of my knowledge thats the hightest price in Chiang Mai. The #1 bar charges 140 baht, and the Inter Bar (thats has enterainment) also charges 140 baht.

I could never recomend this bar to anyone visiting, or living in Thailand.

The other night I went into Tuskers Bar in Chaing Mai, since they were having the BBQ at that location on the 18th of August. I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. After finished my drink I asked for the bill. I was schocked when I got the bill, because it was 200 baht. That is $6.53 in U.S., or :o 4.73 Euros. To the best of my knowledge thats the hightest price in Chiang Mai. The #1 bar charges 140 baht, and the Inter Bar (thats has enterainment) also charges 140 baht.

Thank you for your input.

The party is on the 18th of August and hopefully we'll see you there.

Maybe second highest, cocktails at The Chedi are 250B average ...

I am sure that if you contacted Chas (the owner) and told him you thought you were overcharged he would rectify this in an instant !

I am a frequent patron of Tuskers and would recommend this bar to EVERYONE either visiting or living in Thailand and am certain this would be seconded by many on this forum.

Hmmmmmmm- newbie with 1 post, which is a slam of Tuskers.

Methinks I smell a troll.

post-23786-1185021553_thumb.jpg

BTW, from Wikipedia, the recipe for Long Island Ice Tea:

IBA specified ingredients:

That is FIVE SHOTS OF LIQUOR! And you are complaining about 200 B ?!?!

In the Immortal Words of Blinky Bill, why don't you bugger off and go back to where you came from....

McG

The other...

I’m glad that your attempt to use a screaming large font size did not work. That would not have made a good impression for the first post of a new member.

Welcome to ThaiVisa, and take it easy!

IBA specified ingredients:

That is FIVE SHOTS OF LIQUOR! And you are complaining about 200 B ?!?!

Not exactly five shots McG.....1.5cl is 0.527926 fl.ozs. which makes it two and a half shots. Most bars run on 30ml as a shot or one ounce, but yes, very Trollish :o