Marshland hideout proves futile for Thai drug smuggler apprehended in northern Thailand

snoop1130

Screenshot-2023-10-06-134149.jpg

Phichit Police, apprehended a 25 year old drug smuggler after he was found hiding in a marshland, having fled from authorities in northern Thailand. The drug smuggler, Natthanon, was discovered in a shivering state due to being submerged in marsh water for two days, enduring rain and cold without food.

The arrest followed a significant drug seizure on October 4, in which officers confiscated 6,720,000 methamphetamine pills from a pickup truck at a traffic light intersection in Phichit province.

The initial drug bust occurred during the night, with the narcotics discovered within an Isuzu pickup truck bearing the registration number 9536.

Following the seizure, the suspect managed to evade capture, opting to hide within the marshland of Phichit province. This prompted a manhunt involving over 100 officers and rescue workers, which spanned two days and nights.

Natthanon was eventually discovered today, around 9am, by a resident who had ventured into the marshland for fishing.

On inspection, officers ascertained that the man was the same individual who had previously evaded capture during the methamphetamine seizure operation.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo: KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On inspection, officers ascertained that the man was the same individual who had previously evaded capture during the methamphetamine seizure operation.

Honestly I was looking for frogs.

• Like 1

. I wonder if he will use the old "for personal use" when caught with 6,720,000 methamphetamine pills.

The Death Penalty for hard drugs like Singapore seems to do the trick. In Thailand I would like to see it's reputation become "a great place to smoke Pot (herb), but the worst place to make/sell hard drugs (chemicals), as they will kill you (without mercy) for that".

A few Public Executions for those proven to be Lab Owners and big time dealers, and you can be sure the problem will lessen greatly. Not many junkie problems in Japan or Singapore etc

I am involved in Rehabs and am usually for treatment and detox for users. But I see no other way to stop the makers/dealers/Govts that are profiting now.

IH

The death penalty may seem extreme, but I think the "right of every Thai teenager, not to grow up 

in a place where METH is cheaper than candy." trumps "the right of illegal hard drug makers to live"..

Drugs at present levels will ruin society eventually, look at the UK and LA. Truth is Crack etc took many of their best and brightest while their "peers" in China are getting PHDs instead. Fentanyl made in China is "totally ruining the West" without conventional weapons. Also,  in the past, all weapons = "if you do that to us, we will do the same to you" = MAD mutually Assured Destruction. However with Meth and Fentanyl it is "we can do it (flood your youth with drugs) to you (degenerate <deleted>),  but you can't do it (sell kids tons of drugs) to us, nah nah nah nah". I predict many societies will collapse if this continues. Death to hard drug makers, should be our policy.  

IH

On 10/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, RichardColeman said:

wonder how much the head start cost ? 

What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles.