ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I would only give you a thumb up at a place of my choosing and guess what the sun doesn't shine up there.

Wow. That sounds hot! You must have found your soul mate in me. My place or yours big boy?

24 minutes ago, Morch said:

They will do it for the same reasons Qatar and Egypt compete for the negotiator role. Influence, prestige, and access to the USA government.

Also, as long as Israel plays ball, and the Gazans' lot is improved, they can earn cookie points. I do think, however, that most would condition that on some show of intentions toward permanent conflict resolution. Not necessarily a solution per se, a show will do.

Sure. If Israel against all past practice decides that it's not a zero sum game and that instead of economically repressing the Palestinians, it works to to Israel's benefit to promote their advancement. And if the Israelis actually manage to uproot Hamas for long enough for a better system to take its place. But I doubt that just a show would persuade nations  given what the inevitable consequence would be. I doubt that Arab nations would want to be complicit in that. What's in it for them but inevitable grief? Boots on the ground is not the same thing as feet at the negotiating table.

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'll be your friend Thorgal. I'm not Jewish but I am saving up.

You're welcome ! Worth 1.000.000 points/stars.

I think they say in Latin : Si una porta est aperta, totum urbis est.

Means : if you can open one door in this city, you can open the whole world !

Which is also applicable for the peace process of Palestine/Israel.

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So only 29% of Palestinians want Israel eradicated? 

And (per your link) 57% of Palestinians feel closest Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad parties and both are terrorist groups, and both want to exterminate all the Jews in Israel, after raping many of them of course.

I think it's you that does not understand the data in your own link. 

This is laughabe you accusing me of not understanding data. You apparently haven't even mastered arithmetic:  27% + 7% = 34%, not 57%.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Sure. If Israel against all past practice decides that it's not a zero sum game and that instead of economically repressing the Palestinians, it works to to Israel's benefit to promote their advancement. And if the Israelis actually manage to uproot Hamas for long enough for a better system to take its place. But I doubt that just a show would persuade nations  given what the inevitable consequence would be. I doubt that Arab nations would want to be complicit in that. What's in it for them but inevitable grief? Boots on the ground is not the same thing as feet at the negotiating table.

Another rant?

You referenced Barak's opinion piece, and raised question as to why Arab countries would commit. I gave several reasons for that.

Now you move the goal posts and treat it like some actual plan, policy shift and whatnot.

I never said anything about Barak's ideas becoming reality.

Just now, Morch said:

Another rant?

You referenced Barak's opinion piece, and raised question as to why Arab countries would commit. I gave several reasons for that.

Now you move the goal posts and treat it like some actual plan, policy shift and whatnot.

I never said anything about Barak's ideas becoming reality.

Well, you gave reasons. That doesn't mean they're credible. And really, that was a rant?

rant

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

Clutching your pearls much?

Just now, placeholder said:

Well, you gave reasons. That doesn't mean they're credible. And really, that was a rant?

rant

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

Clutching your pearls much?

Yawn. You go on an on about stuff - does it mean anything you say is credible?

Did you even have a point other than the obvious deflection?

Short, long, medium - half of what you spew here is basically the same rant.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is no equality in Israel. 

Since 7.10.2023, 374 posts suspected of incitement have been dealt with and investigations have been confirmed against 171 of them. More than 100 people have been arrested, and 44 indictments have been presented.

2 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Israel is unlikely to follow the South African model because such a deal would also entail giving up occupied Palestinian territory. Israel will eventually relinquish occupied land, but not peacefully.

Regarding courage, wisdom, and intelligence, consider the current Israeli government as an example. It comprises individuals facing serious corruption charges such as the Prime Minister himself, right-wing extremists like Ben Gvir and Smotrich.  And of course, we have the defense minister, Yoav Gallant, who thinks he is fighting human animals.

This lineup of leaders should be held accountable in international courts, such as the Hague. This is not the type of leaders with whom the Palestinians can make historic peace agreement.

Given the current level of violence, brutality and barbarism occurring in Gaza and the West Bank, it's unlikely the Palestinians will ever forgive these atrocities for generations to come (nor should the rest of the world).

Israel withdrew, from or gave back (through agreement) land on more than one occasion - Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, South Lebanon. Israeli leaders did make offers towards a two-state solution involving withdrawal from the West Bank.

I'm not about to defend Israel's Prime Minister or government - made my views on that clear. That said, who's leading the guys on the other side of the fence(s)? No issues with that?

The Palestinians do not seem to invested in making peace, regardless of which government is in place. And that's without considering the Hamas, who's totally not into that anyway.

Kinda amusing that you'd reference the South Africa model, but forget that forgiveness is a two way street. Israelis will need to accept to forget the Palestinians' sins - which you seem to ignore or deny.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There is no equality in Israel. 

Since 7.10.2023, 374 posts suspected of incitement have been dealt with and investigations have been confirmed against 171 of them. More than 100 people have been arrested, and 44 indictments have been presented.

Anti-war, you sure that was the stuff posted?

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yawn. You go on an on about stuff - does it mean anything you say is credible?

Did you even have a point other than the obvious deflection?

Short, long, medium - half of what you spew here is basically the same rant.

Why do you respond to this Troll Morch why don't you move on?

30 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Israel is unlikely to follow the South African model because such a deal would also entail giving up occupied Palestinian territory. Israel will eventually relinquish occupied land, but not peacefully.

Regarding courage, wisdom, and intelligence, consider the current Israeli government as an example. It comprises individuals facing serious corruption charges such as the Prime Minister himself, right-wing extremists like Ben Gvir and Smotrich.  And of course, we have the defense minister, Yoav Gallant, who thinks he is fighting human animals.

This lineup of leaders should be held accountable in international courts, such as the Hague. This is not the type of leaders with whom the Palestinians can make historic peace agreement.

Given the current level of violence, brutality and barbarism occurring in Gaza and the West Bank, it's unlikely the Palestinians will ever forgive these atrocities for generations to come (nor should the rest of the world).

It's true that the main actors are far from willing to start the amnesty.

It requires mostly from the side with the upper hand to start the negotiations, in this case Israel who's the dominant part.

Imagine situations that you enter for instance the bakery and the killer of your parents comes in after you...

Does our evolution in humanity allow to live with these extreme accepted conditions together...?

Edited by Thorgal
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

It requires mostly from the side with the upper hand to start the negotiations, in this case Israel who's the dominant part.

Imagine situations that you enter for instance the bakery and the killer of your parents comes in after you...

Does our evolution in humanity allow to live with these extreme accepted conditions together...?

Stop talking nonsense, Hamas has no intention of not killing Israelis, they started this war so stop making excuses for them! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I thought you were serious and was bringing good input to this thread but after reading your posts and your Tit for Tat arguing with placeholder you are as boring as them and you are like a tape on repeat repeating the same old us and them back and forth nonsense and not moving forward your just waiting for Placeholder to post then you answer him but its always the same argument. You never post on videos or answer to new posts its like you only want a fight with him.  

To quote you, "I thought" that's a good one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thorgal said:

5 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Stop talking nonsense, Hamas has no intention of not killing Israelis, they started this war so stop making excuses for them! 

How is any of the above post an excuse for Hamas, if you must comment at least be honest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

Barefaced lie in the first sentence, Israel pulled completely out of Gaza in 2005, not according to this garbage

'The Israeli regime enacts in all the territory it controls (Israeli sovereign territory, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) an apartheid regime'

Where is the lie? Are you alleging Israel is not an Apartheid regime? 

• Like 1