Being a loner in retirement

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

WOW! Another one who wants to decide what I should do with MY money. Incredible.

Help someone who needs it desperately, or give it to the state, or will waste it.

Not rocket science.  You might get a warm & fuzzy feeling out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I have a will for the cash in the bank and all my personal belongings but THANK YOU for your opinions. End of conversation on this end but you can continue to ramble if you want. 

So you're just trolling ... Got It

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Yes, and the poor WILL get some of it. I bought an annuity so it will all go away when I pass. Thanks for being so judgmental. My money and my decision as what to do with it. You seem to think people need to follow YOUR rules when it comes to THEIR money. Doesn't work that way cowboy. Sorry!!

Hey , I'm like you but I don't want to give anything so explain what an annuity is . When I read about it , I don't get it.

If you don't want to leave anything , only 2 ways : spend it or destroy it.

I go for the second but impossible with an unexpected quick death.

I've come at the age where I only get more money because of the generation before me , dying off.

It is hard to spend when nearly nothing is worth spending your money on.

I don't do hookers.

Certainly don't want to leave it to the state , which ever it is , Thailand or my euro s-hole.

Just now, FlorC said:

Hey , I'm like you but I don't want to give anything so explain what an annuity is . When I read about it , I don't get it.

I've come at the age where I only get more money because of the generation before me , dying off.

It is hard to spend when nearly nothing is worth spending your money on.

I don't do hookers.

Certainly don't want to leave it to the state , which ever it is , Thailand or my euro s-hole.

Hi FlorC. An annuity is something you buy from an insurance company usually. You give them a certain amount of money that you want to invest and in turn they give you monthly distributions for either a set period of time or for your lifetime. When you die the payments obviously stop. But there are variations. When you die you can continue the payments to another for a 5 or 10 year period (as an example). For me I don't want to leave much to other when I leave this Earth simply because they don't deserve anything from me. Simple as that. So, my annuity pays me each month until I die. If I die next year or 30 years from now, I'm guaranteed a check. 

Google "Immediate Annuities" and it'll give you several companies to check out and a calculator that you plug in your age and amount you want to invest/give them and it will tell you how much you'll receive for the rest of your life. It's worth checking out. Good luck.

Just now, n00dle said:

If other is your wife it sounds to me like they may be earning every penny

It should have read "others" and not "other" but thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this msg board these days. Too many AH losers. Enjoy your day.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2023 at 2:19 AM, scubascuba3 said:

It's not healthy to be by yourself day in day out, people need social interaction (on here doesn't count), sooner people realise that the better

Nah it counts for something... It doesn't replace the real thing but it counts for something

On 10/8/2023 at 3:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Alone: not good

Alone and lots of "friends" on the internet: Maybe worse.

People communicated for millions of years face to face. That's what we are used to and what we "understand".

Looking at lots of young people today who sit on the same table, and everybody has their phone in front of their face, somehow that doesn't seem healthy. 

Boomer take. 

2 hours ago, FlorC said:

Is it really money that you're worried about or is there something more to this?

I honestly can't understand somebody being so absolutely mean that they don't want anybody to have what's left when they die.

Is there really not a single suitable person, or charitable organization, in the entire world that you'd want to help out when you're gone?

People on this forum never cease to amaze...

2 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Hi FlorC. An annuity is something you buy from an insurance company usually. You give them a certain amount of money that you want to invest and in turn they give you monthly distributions for either a set period of time or for your lifetime. When you die the payments obviously stop. But there are variations. When you die you can continue the payments to another for a 5 or 10 year period (as an example). For me I don't want to leave much to other when I leave this Earth simply because they don't deserve anything from me. Simple as that. So, my annuity pays me each month until I die. If I die next year or 30 years from now, I'm guaranteed a check. 

Google "Immediate Annuities" and it'll give you several companies to check out and a calculator that you plug in your age and amount you want to invest/give them and it will tell you how much you'll receive for the rest of your life. It's worth checking out. Good luck.

Yes , I read that too , but I don't get it.

Say you "give" your money to such a company , and it pays you back monthly. If you die , the money that they received most likely hasn't ran out. So by your death the insurance (or other) company keeps your money (if you don't want anymore payments to someone ). That company wins . 

You leave it to them.

Only when the money you gave them runs out before you die , there will be nothing left .

Then also : you give them nearly all your money ?

Or what is left with you is again going to the wrong hands.

Some tax collectors might look at those payments as income , and tax it again.

Or am I wrong ?

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Is it really money that you're worried about or is there something more to this?

I honestly can't understand somebody being so absolutely mean that they don't want anybody to have what's left when they die.

Is there really not a single suitable person, or charitable organization, in the entire world that you'd want to help out when you're gone?

More to this ? I don't get it. No there is no more to this.

Is it mean I don't want that the money I made goes to someone else ? 

Maybe a donation to AJ in Austin Texas. ????

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I am calling bu11sh!t on this  -  he is far too evasive so is probably just trolling for effect.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I am calling bu11sh!t on this  -  he is far too evasive so is probably just trolling for effect.

You don't agree or understand , so I'm a troll ?

Evasive ? Where ?

14 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

It's a personal thing. Some people love to be alone (like me) as there is no one to bother them, make demands, tell them what to do, etc. Doesn't mean I like to be alone ALL the time. I'm just comfortable in my own skin and don't need other people around. I have plenty of friends and acquaintances to hang with when I want but am happy being alone as well. 

On the other hand, I know plenty of people who simply either hate to be alone or are afraid of being alone. My brother is a prime example. He's been married 3 times and jumped into the next one months after the previous one ended. His first wife was twice as big as him, his 2nd was twice as old as him and the third/current is twice as ugly as him. Once I was visiting them and his wife pulled into the driveway and got out and I thought it was a man. YUCK! 

I'd rather be castrated than have to have ANYTHING to do with any of them in the bedroom. I often tell people that my parents had another son, but I don't have any siblings. I can't accept that I'm in any way related to that guy.        

You are your own man. And you are doing our gender proud. Keep up the good work! 

10 hours ago, FlorC said:

Yes , I read that too , but I don't get it.

Say you "give" your money to such a company , and it pays you back monthly. If you die , the money that they received most likely hasn't ran out. So by your death the insurance (or other) company keeps your money (if you don't want anymore payments to someone ). That company wins . 

You leave it to them.

Only when the money you gave them runs out before you die , there will be nothing left .

Then also : you give them nearly all your money ?

Or what is left with you is again going to the wrong hands.

Some tax collectors might look at those payments as income , and tax it again.

Or am I wrong ?

"Only when the money you gave them runs out before you die , there will be nothing left .".... NO! It's an official contract that they will pay you a monthly amount even if you live to be 120 years old. After about 15 years it's break-even with the money you gave them. If you die before 15 years then YES they keep the money. If you live another 50 years they are obligated to keep paying you every month.

"you give them nearly all your money ?".... you give them whatever amount you want and based on the amount the monthly payments are determined.

"That company wins . "..... Yes, if you die before 15 years then the company 'wins'. However, if you live a lot longer then YOU win.

"Some tax collectors might look at those payments as income"..... yes, it's considered taxable income. However, the way I have things set up I won't hit the threshold to pay taxes. I planned this all 20 years before I retired. I pay zero taxes and am debt free.

"Or what is left with you is again going to the wrong hands.".... you set up a will to give to charity or any other entity you want the other money to go to.