WISE - not acceptable to your UK pension provider?

I've asked 2 of my UK main pension providers whether they could make payments into a Wise account in the event that my UK bank account was forcibly closed at some time in the future.

Only one has replied so far.

Their reply was "No, it must be a bank account in your name".

I intend to contest this decision so I need to ask:-

Has anybody else had a UK pension provider refuse to make payments to a Wise account? If so, were you able to reverse their decision?

From reading other posts on the subject, it seems that the UK State Pension can be paid into Wise with no problem.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Has anybody else had a UK pension provider refuse to make payments to a Wise account? 

Yes, reason given, as you said,  "Wise is not a bank".

7 minutes ago, MartinL said:

If so, were you able to reverse their decision?

Didn't see the point in trying, at the time, maybe different now.

Wise account is in your name.  Don't ask just do. You have a sort-code, account number and it's licensed in some form  bank, they can not discriminate, any possible confusion might of been from years ago before they became a bank gave individual accounts, and you had a personal reference number instead. Corrected.. I could of swore Wise were a legit bank.

Edited by circa02
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

You set yourself up for a fall. Provide sort code and acc number and let it happen.

I provided both my pension providers the sort code and account number and an instruction in writing to have the money deposited into Wise.

One ignored the instruction, the second came back with the response that their head office will not allow them to send to Wise as they are not a bank.

• Like 1

Getting into an argument with them before anything has even happened is just drawing attention to it and creating problems for yourself. Say nothing, and just give them the Wise bank details. Chances are they won't even notice. If they do reject it, that's the time to start complaining and making a fuss. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

I provided both my pension providers the sort code and account number and an instruction in writing to have the money deposited into Wise.

One ignored the instruction, the second came back with the response that their head office will not allow them to send to Wise as they are not a bank.

How long ago was this? Are you going to challenge it now? 

• 1 month later...