Danish danger on Thai island: Illegal firearms arrest on Koh Samui

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers discovered and confiscated three pistols, one shotgun, and hundreds of bullets in the house. The Danish man admitted to his illegal ownership of the firearms. He claimed that he had a fervour for guns and was keen on building his collection. So, he ordered all the firearms and bullets online. Officers did not disclose whether the online stores were based in Thailand or abroad.

I have  a shrewd idea...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

Journalist probably thinks they about the same, and maybe not aware of Kalmar union being over for quite some time already....

Well, if you spend time in Hua Hin just like I did, you would not make any difference between a Dane, a Swede, a Finn or a Norwegian either...

They behave the same, namely the same s***, and s*** smells the same way, no matter who pooed...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

He should be punished but I wonder if the same punishment will apply to the thousands of Thais who illegally own firearms! 

Obviously, the same fine applies to Thais who are caught in possession.   The foreigners who are not caught in possession face the same fine as those "thousands of Thais" that you reference who are also not apprehended.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

He should be punished but I wonder if the same punishment will apply to the thousands of Thais who illegally own firearms! 

I would say not. Soldier kills 30 and police officer kill KG children, a 14-year-old THAI teenager. kills 2 tourists and wounds several Thais. But the police arrest a FOREIGNER for illegal gun possession. Plus I was only reading yesterday on FB an advertisement selling guns in Thailand. Didn't say if deactivated or not. The 14-year-old killed using a deactivated weapon that had been reactivated. Blame the FOREIGNER TIME AGAIN.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

the police arrest a FOREIGNER for illegal gun possession.

The arrest of a foreigner was reported here because this is mainly an expat forum...no reason to report Thais in the same position here* nor to assume that no Thais are arrested for illegal gun possession.

Edit: * Apart from the Thai reported here also!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Love It 1

From one of the linked articles:

The Surat Thani Immigration Chief Colonel Suppakorn Pankosol stated to the Thai press, “We found that these guns and bullets were ordered online from the northeast of Thailand. Mr. Adam used these guns to practice shooting at a shooting range on Samui Island. He also posted on social media that he likes to collect guns. Many of his online posts also seemed to threaten other foreigners. Mr. Adam has fitness businesses and has stayed in Thailand for a long time.”

I suspect 'Mr Adam' may be in for an extended stay in Thailand, but perhaps in less enjoyable surroundings. <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1