MFP MP clarifies sexual harassment accusation, second MP faces same claim

webfact

image.jpeg

After a Move Forward Party (MFP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Prachin Buri province was accused of sexual harassment, another MP faced the same allegation. Details of his identity have not yet been released.

The Facebook page What MFP Lying About Today (วันนี้ก้าวไกลโกหกอะไร) recently accused Prachin Buri MP, Wuttipong “Jae” Thonglao, of sexually harassing a member of the MFP’s volunteer team. The MP was accused of sending inappropriate sexual messages to the victim.

Another netizen also confirmed the credibility of the allegation, saying that his girlfriend had also been harassed while working with the MP.

The accused MP, Wuttipong, later clarified the issue on social media on October 11, saying it was him and the woman in the conversation. However, the conversation took place last year, before he became an MP. He accused the woman and the page of trying to discredit him because he was now investigating corruption in Prachin Buri province.

“Since the end of the General Election, some people have set themselves up as complainants and called for me to be investigated. For five months, they have been trying to discredit me and the MFP to cover up the corruption I am now investigating. They are digging up information from the past to create a problem for me.”

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via Move Forward Party

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1