Tourist d-bags of the day

Sandboxer

21 hours ago, Crossy said:

How To (Finally) Get Rid Of Bindi Weeds | Atlas Turf

Those horrid thing are bindii mate, not bindi. We used to call them "bindy-eyes" when we were growing up (SW Sydney). I've no idea what the correct pronunciation is, being ten pound Poms we just copied the local kids when it came to matters Australian.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Those horrid thing are bindii mate, not bindi. We used to call them "bindy-eyes" when we were growing up (SW Sydney). I've no idea what the correct pronunciation is, being ten pound Poms we just copied the local kids when it came to matters Australian.

No no. Bindis is the plural not bindii

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, Lacessit said:

There's a property in western New South Wales with plenty of cockle-burrs and bindis to train your feet properly.

Take away the British infantry's boots, and they'd be helpless.

Double gees are what they need!

14 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Aaahh ok, in the west we call them 'double gees'.  They seem to have some coating that makes them sting for hours, bugger of a thing!

14 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I am not sure what the correct spelling is. I have heard them referred to as bindi-eyes. If you stand on one, very painful. Much worse than a cockleburr.

Why do you care? 

Or more importantly, if you were there to witness them then why did you not say something to them at the time?   

Instead you took a picture behind their backs, then post to an anonymous forum to complain about how "loud and obnoxious" they were.     Well, hate to tell you this but there is absolutely NOTHING that any of us readers can do about it. 

It was you that had the opportunity to lecture them and educate them about Thai culture.  But you didn't.

Is your name Karen ?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

It was you that had the opportunity to lecture them and educate them about Thai culture.  But you didn't.

I will do so when I start getting paid for it and receive an official immunity to prosecution pass for bi_h slapping these types. Till then, it's just a fun time killing hobby.

PS. These lower socioeconomic Brit trash/Aussie bogan types are generally speaking utterly eneducatable with verbal communication. 

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

The bare feet is a hall mark of Australians. 

The worst still has to be the knobs who come with big back bags on their backs. Why not just get a suitcase, much easier to roll around too. But no .. they're back backers innit, and Thailand is cheap and they have to find themselves on some 'Leonardo The Beach' type scenario. Except Thailand isn't cheap and that era of 'finding undiscovered lands' has long gone. Now get behind the 1000000 other tourists. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

The bare feet is a hall mark of Australians. 

The worst still has to be the knobs who come with big back bags on their backs. Why not just get a suitcase, much easier to roll around too. But no .. they're back backers innit, and Thailand is cheap and they have to find themselves on some 'Leonardo The Beach' type scenario. Except Thailand isn't cheap and that era of 'finding undiscovered lands' has long gone. Now get behind the 1000000 other tourists. 

Did the 'jolly swagman' really have a suitcase?